I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 26th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Wal Mart already selling Iron Man?

In my district(Phoenix, AZ) there was a rumor that the Wal-Mart stores in the area were already selling Iron Man. Anyone notice this around your area? I was at a Wal-Mart tonight but was in a rush to get out and forgot to check the electronics area.
Unread September 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
IHBB Freak

Nah, didn't see anything suspicious and I just got back
Unread September 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
IHBB GOD

A few 800 # calls and 24 hours can correct that competitive edge.
Unread September 26th, 2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
A few 800 # calls and 24 hours can correct that competitive edge.
I wouldn't count on that unless your DL has an 800 number, because if Wal Mart is breaking the street date, than the companie that put out Iron Man is going to conveniently change the street date of the movie to whenever Wal Mart started selling it, because God forbid that anyone stand up to Wal Mart and make them follow the rules.
Unread September 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I wouldn't count on that unless your DL has an 800 number, because if Wal Mart is breaking the street date, than the companie that put out Iron Man is going to conveniently change the street date of the movie to whenever Wal Mart started selling it, because God forbid that anyone stand up to Wal Mart and make them follow the rules.
800# was right in my old bluebook. How you surmised that second part is beyond me. Wal-mart has been fined multiple times for street infractions. Do a little research its all public record. Wal-mart power is a misconception perception. As with any retail company there are low quality employees who fail to read, comprehend and or take the time to research or evaluate rules. Thus it comes down to just a location failure.
Unread September 27th, 2008, 04:27 AM
IHBB Freak

When I worked at BBV, we were able to break street date if a competitor has. Make sure you buy a copy and hang on to the receipt, then you can put your copies out this weekend.

marc
Unread September 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
IHBB GOD

there is an animated version of Iron Man (The Invincible Iron Man) that some places are selling. Is it possibly that? The local WalMart here has that on it's shelves, but not the other. Cover art looks the same. Had to argue with the 6 year old that it's not really the one he wants to watch.

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread September 27th, 2008, 11:17 PM

It seems like every weekend I get some customer trying to insist that they know release dates better then those of us who actually sell the product.

"I'd like to rent Sex And The City please but I can't find it"

"I'm afraid that's not out until Monday"

"Oh, in that case I will just buy it please"

"Er...I'm afraid you can't buy it till monday either, it is not released until monday"

"Well they have it in Woolworths for sale right now!"

"I imagine thats just a display to advertise it"

"No I SAW it MYSELF in woolworths!"

"Well if thats the case I better phone trading standards and have woolworths fined and forced to remove it from sale, I suggest if you want to buy that DVD you get down there quick! Either that or wait until monday when it is legally released."

Usually that shuts them up.

Unless you actually personally bought a copy, have it in your hand with a vaild reciept you do not know for sure that it is being sold!
Unread September 27th, 2008, 11:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to CarnorJax27069
We have caught Wal-Mart putting out titles four or five days ahead of the street date. When that happens we just put our titles out as well. It is indeed some clerk who made a mistake. But that is tapping into our revenue as well.

I never report them as it isn't going to be beneficial to anyone. They get fined... Great! But the studios arent calling right now, this second to assure that the one wal-mart in that one town gets those movies off the rack.

My absolute favorite is a silly AM who called me years ago saying a customer said WM was selling "TITLE" and wanted to know if they could go ahead and rent it? I ask them the obvious... Did you see it yourself? They obviously say NO. Then no you cant rent it to them. Like we just take everyones word for whatever. Of course the next morning I went into WM to see and low and behold... No they did not have it out. But there was a big nice standee saying it would be out on Tuesday however.

You gotta love people.
2. I count my chickens before they're hatched---
3. I have been known to judge a book by it's cover---
So as you can tell, I have a few bad habits...
and oh yeah....
I dont wash my hands , and I play with my toys in the toilet..
Unread September 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
IHBB GOD

When I worked at Suncoast, we used to bust Best Buy breaking street all the time. It got so bad that the cashier would yank the movies out of my hand and refuse to sell them to me and say "Tell your friends at Suncoast we say Hello!" Then their employees would come into our store to check to make sure that we weren't breaking street (those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...), and they would trash our store. It would take us weeks to get the store back in order.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.