I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread March 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Last Day

Well today ends my employment with bbv- 12 long years. I feel a tinge of sadness because I will miss my co-workers. Any loyal/favorite customers stopped coming in weeks ago so no sadness there. I do however have to ADMIT I will not miss the stupid ignorant people coming in the store. They act like it's a garage sale trying to offer whatever price they want and since we lowered the price of every prp dvd/bluray and online mailer to $1= they are even dumber. We had signs up clearly stating the discounts on games and new retail but we still had idiots thinking everything was $1. One lady even tried to argue with me that because the new retail was "in the wrong place" it should be $1. It's 70% off-did she want 100% off? We then made huge signs saying this is not $1. Did this help? Of course not. BTW, if you are buying 2 stack loads of prp and scrutinizing the back of every disc HARD and asking for my opinion of playability and if I've seen this movie giving no thought or concern to the 5 people in line behind you and I'm the only one on register-todays answer will be "It's a fucking $1-take it or leave it."
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Antithesys (March 25th, 2012), Baby Firefly (March 25th, 2012), businessasusual (March 25th, 2012), curiousone (March 26th, 2012), D Money (March 25th, 2012), Darkfall28 (March 25th, 2012), djblade (March 27th, 2012), fireyjewels (March 25th, 2012), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (March 25th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012), Hot Head (March 25th, 2012), inkedangel (March 25th, 2012), johnlow71 (March 25th, 2012), katiebell (March 25th, 2012), yodavsjason (March 25th, 2012)
Unread March 25th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Gotta love idiots. I had a guy whining the other week saying "The sign on the window says $1.99 final price after all discounts, so why is it $2.06?" I replied "Tax isn't a discount." Funny how he never complained any of the other times he had bought stuff during previous visits. It's also funny to hear people enlighten us as to why BB is closing stores. "Yea man, them there Redboxes done put y'all outta business huh?" Usually the same people that look at ya like you're speaking Japanese when you ask them if they have a BD player. Glad I don't have to explain Dish to these yahoos lol
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to D Money For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (March 25th, 2012), businessasusual (March 25th, 2012), Darkfall28 (March 25th, 2012), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (March 25th, 2012), Glass Half Empty (March 27th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012), inkedangel (March 25th, 2012)
Unread March 25th, 2012, 08:24 AM

douchbag customer #1 for today... "what do you mean my credit card didnt go through! try it again. me:"i already tried 4 times,sir" customer:"damn government didnt pay me my money!" (welfare customers are always a trip in my area)

~unbelieveable
Unread March 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
IHBB GOD

people, sigh so sad.

seems like theres no end in sight of stupid people.
Unread March 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM
IHBB GOD

I don't work there but fuck em all.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (March 26th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 25th, 2012, 09:31 PM
IHBB Freak

Exclamation Stupid Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
seems like theres no end in sight of stupid people.
This is the problem I have had with jobs, I just can't get away from stupidity. When I worked for a call center that handled Keurig coffee maker problems, I heard the following (Keep in mind, this is a $100 coffee maker):
  • I put bleach in it.
  • I put CLR (lime and rust remover) in it.
  • I put milk in it.
  • I removed the seal gasket, but now it leaks!
  • Fed Ex delivered it next door, even though the correct address is on the box, but we want YOU to pay for it!
  • And my favorite: I threw it off my back porch into the pond behind my house, and I need you to replace it, free of charge. No, I can't send it back; it's in the bottom of the pond!

So, I left there and went to a convenience store.
  • I've had people steal milk out of the cooler to put in their coffee, even though there was half-n-half on the coffee bar.
  • I have had customers smoke in the bathroom, even though since the early 2000's, you can't smoke indoors in most businesses in America!
  • I had a customer who showed up drunk, in a miniskirt that was short enough to not have to raise to pee, and she was teetering on my freshly mopped floor in platform heels.
  • Whenever our floors were being waxed, customers still tried to come in, not understanding why they couldn't or shouldn't walk on industrial wax!
  • Two different customers have ripped the fuel hose out of the gas pumps.
  • I can't count the number of people who would insist (!!!) that we turn the pump on before they paid, always for some dumbass reason. I have heard that they don't know how much it will take, or that they'd done it with the previous manager, or that "Y'all just don't trust honest, hard-workin' folks, do ya?" Even though it's clearly marked on all the pumps.
  • One bonus "stupid": many customers left money on the pumps, usually just a couple of bucks. My boss advocated refunding it off the pump, and putting in a "Christmas box" for our yearly Christmas party. The cheap bitch still made it a potluck, and only used the money for two chicken platters!

I brought up my boss because this stupid bitch decided to try and set me up with her friends. I asked her not to politely, then when she kept doing it, I reported her to her supervisor. She finally stopped, but then we were both transferred to another store. Once there, she started in again, and the supervisor was replaced by someone who liked her and wouldn't believe me, even though it was in her write-up record. (Plus, the guys she tried to set me up with I wouldn't date on a bet. )

So, I start a new job tomorrow. *sigh* It's sad that I am actually on this board, thinking about the good old days!

Last edited by Ghost of AtlanticVamp; March 25th, 2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: clarification
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (March 27th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012), inkedangel (March 26th, 2012), johnlow71 (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Well today ends my employment with bbv- 12 long years. I feel a tinge of sadness because I will miss my co-workers. Any loyal/favorite customers stopped coming in weeks ago so no sadness there. I do however have to ADMIT I will not miss the stupid ignorant people coming in the store. They act like it's a garage sale trying to offer whatever price they want and since we lowered the price of every prp dvd/bluray and online mailer to $1= they are even dumber. We had signs up clearly stating the discounts on games and new retail but we still had idiots thinking everything was $1. One lady even tried to argue with me that because the new retail was "in the wrong place" it should be $1. It's 70% off-did she want 100% off? We then made huge signs saying this is not $1. Did this help? Of course not. BTW, if you are buying 2 stack loads of prp and scrutinizing the back of every disc HARD and asking for my opinion of playability and if I've seen this movie giving no thought or concern to the 5 people in line behind you and I'm the only one on register-todays answer will be "It's a fucking $1-take it or leave it."
Good luck to ya Glassy. A tip of my hat in your direction for all the funny posts (and excellent sarcastic daggers!) in regards to the state of the company and all we had to deal with. I'm out on Tuesday after the computer removal (love having to wake up early for that garbage). I'm going on a vacation after that. A vacation with no calls about bundles, TA, passes, or anything else related to Dish or Blockbuster. After 12 years myself..... I can't even quantify how awesome I feel about that.
Baby Firefly (March 26th, 2012), D Money (March 26th, 2012), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (March 27th, 2012), Glass Half Empty (March 27th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012), inkedangel (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 26th, 2012, 08:56 AM
IHBB GOD

thanks ghost lol good stuff. interesting about the gas thing you mentioned people leaving money on pump. hmmmm the cheap bastard in me thinks i need to circle pumps a few hrs a day looking for these, save me some bucks and make me very frugal
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Well today ends my employment with bbv- 12 long years. I feel a tinge of sadness because I will miss my co-workers. Any loyal/favorite customers stopped coming in weeks ago so no sadness there. I do however have to ADMIT I will not miss the stupid ignorant people coming in the store. "
I too had 12 years with them, but now dish is determined to end it for all....
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (March 27th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM

It was devastating that the stores closed and I thought that was bad enough!
It was a horrible ending.
I don't think it's a good idea to stay to the bitter end!! It's not worth it! People acted like animals and did not care!!

After the closing it got worse for me, and I did not expect that even after 6 months
those "loyal" customers I built "rapport" with would still be upset the store closed!!

It is sad that former customers see me and start crying!!

On a daily basis I see at least one customer and they realize I am standing there and say things like-- "Thank goodness YOU are here...I need help."

It seems I did at least some good working for a company I did not think cared for me!!

I try not to concentrate on still consoling customers.

I do try to concentrate on the little children who will never remember what blockbuster was!! These little angles run around looking for me in the store I currently work in!
Some go to anyone in the store and ask for me.
The staff bring these wonderful little ones right to me!
It does brighten my day, and it slowly erases the hell that was LIQUIDATION!!

I call them my BB babies!!

Thank goodness for the BB babies!!!

Life does go on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousone For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (March 27th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2012), inkedangel (March 26th, 2012)