I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 12th, 2007, 08:38 AM
IHBB GOD

Laugh, this ClutztomerControl guy isn't going to last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl
You know what's almost as bad as "newbies"? Elitist, forum know it all smarty pants. No one cares how long you have been an active member of a forum. No one cares how high your post count is. No one cares about your current and previous forum wisdom.
Actually, we care a lot ;-)

There are several threads dedicated just to people hitting high post counts in the thousands. It's an achievement. Telling us we don't care when we do is kind of foolish.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 08:59 AM

I think ClutztomerControl makes a valid point.Sure there need to be rules but do we really have to censor our posts according to what some senior member likes or not just because he has posted a lot.
I look in most days and the posts are made up of mainly trivial stuff and occasionally interesting facts.Sometimes the trivial stuff is funny and sometimes just crap.Recently Justthefacts posted some well researched stuff and was ridiculed however it was the best post of the day for me.I don't think any genuine forum should be controlled by a few members,it can only remain interesting and valid with lively debate from a wide range of opinions otherwise it becomes incestuous.What do i know i am only a junior member
Unread June 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent View Post
I think ClutztomerControl makes a valid point.Sure there need to be rules but do we really have to censor our posts according to what some senior member likes or not just because he has posted a lot.
I look in most days and the posts are made up of mainly trivial stuff and occasionally interesting facts.Sometimes the trivial stuff is funny and sometimes just crap.Recently Justthefacts posted some well researched stuff and was ridiculed however it was the best post of the day for me.I don't think any genuine forum should be controlled by a few members,it can only remain interesting and valid with lively debate from a wide range of opinions otherwise it becomes incestuous.What do i know i am only a junior member
Nope. He doesn't. Shut up.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
IHBB GOD

hmm seems we have some strong new members, welcome great article ing, i did enjoy it
Unread June 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Red face

Nope. He doesn't. Shut up.
It's not exactly the debate it could have been however top marks for being concise and to the point
Unread June 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM
IHBB GOD

What does that even mean?
Unread June 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
What does that even mean?
It means you win, newbs lose, and if they want a happy huggy forum where mediocrity is exalted, then they should contact InsaneCheese.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 10:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent View Post
We're not talking about censorship here.

We're talking about using the language as it is intended to be used, and sounding intelligent as you say what you are saying. Oh, and not being an arsehole. So, at least we can give you points for #1. Jury is still out on the last two points, though......

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 12th, 2007, 11:38 AM

Let me make myself more clear. We do not care, one bit, about Blockbuster's ongoing battle against Netflix, Movie Gallery (and Hollywood Video), Amazon.com's downloads, format wars, BBO, the decline of stores, etc. etc.

We don't want to see news articles about this crap. We don't read them anyway. If you insist on trying to start discussions about what we think of Blockbuster's stance against [insert random company/technology], you will find the discussion derailed very, very quickly. Expect several replies having nothing to do with your boring post, and everything to do with various chemical properties, african bugs, and weird science stories. Look at it this way: do you care about that crap? Nope. Now guess how we feel about your boring post? Exactly.

When i read the above i took it as a ruling that was to be adhered to by all members and hence i saw it as censorship. If you are telling me that this isn't the case and posts about the very real changes happening now,which will define this industry for the next 10 years can be discussed by those who are interested then that can only be a good thing.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
IHBB GOD

Ahhh, summer is the season when all the newbs emerge, and maybe 25% of them stick around and become respected forum members.

Good times.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!