I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

View Poll Results: where do u see us going
chapter 7 6 15.38%
chapter 11 14 35.90%
bought by comcast and saved 0 0%
ted's an arse 6 15.38%
Ted will be the new owner 1 2.56%
one of the studios by us 0 0%
continue to be the way it is for years 1 2.56%
all digital 6 15.38%
closed completely with no notice 4 10.26%
all franchises 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Unread August 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
IHBB Freak

where do u see blockbuster going

where do u see blockbuster going
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 02:24 PM

i think they got a few years on them. Thats it, no turn around just trying to prevent the sinking
Unread August 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM

I think somebody should buy them out and take the stores back to the basics. And by that I mean focus on being a rental store first. It may mean it becomes more of a mom and pop shop type experience (in a corporate store? Could it be?? I would hope so...) and offer niche items not found in Redbox or Netflix. They need to get rid of the concept they should be this one stop entertainment shop, because it's NEVER going to happen. But corporate that owns it now? Gone...bankrupt...good as liquidated. They just need to sell the name and the stores and get out while the getting out is good and let a new company try to run it for a change.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 03:08 PM
IHBB Freak

Is bankruptcy anything like a divorce in the way i'm about to explain further?

Could blockbuster sign over the rights to certain large aspects of itself so that it does not apply to the things it needs to liquidate and restructure?

I'm thinking in a divorce, if a man owns a small business, he can sign the rights over to a friend of his and when the judge declares he must hand over or split in half his money and possessions to his exwife, the small business will not be accounted for because it is no longer his. when the whole divorce thing is done and over with, all his stuff has been divided up between him and the exwife, he has his small business signed back over to him from his friend.

If blockbuster was to file bankruptcy and a part of it was signed away to someone else, for example Total Access to ComCast, would that work the same way as a divorce?

I'm not even sure if divorce works this way. its just what i see in the movies.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 03:11 PM

if someone was to come in and make an offer who would. If maybe walmart did it then maybe the stores can remain. But who else would do a such
Unread August 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
IHBB GOD

In the toilet.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
IHBB GOD

The option closed completely with no notice, would be some peoples dreams.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
Is bankruptcy anything like a divorce in the way i'm about to explain further?

Could blockbuster sign over the rights to certain large aspects of itself so that it does not apply to the things it needs to liquidate and restructure?

I'm thinking in a divorce, if a man owns a small business, he can sign the rights over to a friend of his and when the judge declares he must hand over or split in half his money and possessions to his exwife, the small business will not be accounted for because it is no longer his. when the whole divorce thing is done and over with, all his stuff has been divided up between him and the exwife, he has his small business signed back over to him from his friend.

If blockbuster was to file bankruptcy and a part of it was signed away to someone else, for example Total Access to ComCast, would that work the same way as a divorce?

I'm not even sure if divorce works this way. its just what i see in the movies.
thinking to hard. But corporations and individuals have a different set of rules. THis is why blockbuster cant file chapter 13, all debt forgivin, only individuals can file chapter 13.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Let's just hope someone uses a courtesy flush, so nothing comes back up.

Unread August 18th, 2010, 08:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
Let's just hope someone uses a courtesy flush, so nothing comes back up.

What happens if it clogs up?