I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
IHBB GOD

!!

suddenly realizing your store may close...

*cue dramatic chipmunk*

=3
Unread January 29th, 2011, 11:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
they sent me all that stuff right before i found out my store was closing...
Sorry to hear that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
You are getting ready to close. Brace yourself for it. They just haven't told you yet...you're probably in wave 2.
I triple that in agreement. Sorry davidnewlySL.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You are getting ready to close. Brace yourself for it. They just haven't told you yet...you're probably in wave 2.

Unfortunately I would have to agree also.

Unread January 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Why send you more stuff before you close? I know bbv has no common sense, but do they have any reason behind it?
Unread January 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Why send you more stuff before you close? I know bbv has no common sense, but do they have any reason behind it?
Closing stores have closing sales. Sales make people buy things, which equals more money for the company. Simple as that. Why let all that PRP sit at another store and never be sold, when you can send it to another store, lower the price a little, and at least get SOME money?
Unread January 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
People sniff out a store's carcass and will pick it clean until there is nothing left. Might as well put more crap in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
Serri330 (January 29th, 2011)
Unread January 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM

If newly cased PRP is an indication of a closing store, I'm pretty sure mine is gone. We've gotten that, and boxes full of broken down boxes. Plus we're in a shopping center that has very high rent, due to the popularity of it to the public. Haven't heard even a whisper about it from any of the managers, or SM, but they're all desperatly looking for new jobs, and aren't even making a secret of it.

Luckily, my last night was yesterday, so I donnt have to care anymore
Unread January 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
then they must be closing alll stores in the area cause they all got them lmao
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread January 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM

my store got one box full of movies like that, but we also just had a huge nearly 500 movie BSI-PRP transfer. You think that means we are closing?
Unread January 29th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
then they must be closing alll stores in the area cause they all got them lmao
You're laughing your ass off why? I take it as you think that those of us who say this is a sign you are closing are wrong.

There are HUGE areas left with no Blockbusters anymore. Do you think for one minute they won't close all those stores? And maybe they won't...at least not in one wave. It will probably come in waves throughout the year. Do you think you're some how safe because you can't forsee your area without Blockbuster? Dude, I don't know if that's denial or what. I know the plan for the stores in the area I am in. There is a whole county (in a metro area...that's a pretty big area) where there will be NO Blockbuster stores before long. Don't think you're some how safe because you're down to a few stores now or if you think that there are enough stores that they can't possibly close them all. It's happened, it's happening, and it will happen again.

I would type lmao out of some kind of irony or something but I honestly don't laugh at the idea of people losing their jobs.