I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread March 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
IHBB Freak

And technically, there ARE customers. Just... not for the movies, but for the brand itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread March 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
I was reading this thread and laughing at what the OP wrote then I realized it was from almost 5 years ago lol.

Bump fail.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (October 17th, 2011)
Unread March 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
You know, I could comment about another thread, old as dirt, being bumped, but then I can't help but think, "Whatever happened to that guy, and how terribly had he been managing his dick?"

Which will now be a line I use in specific situations. Like if I go to McDonald's and they forget my McNuggets, I can ask to speak to the manager, and when she walks up and I go "Are you the manager?" and she replies "Yes", I can say "Well then why don't you manage MY DICK!"

I could see how this would be fun in pointless situations. Boss giving you trouble? "Hey, Dick Manager, manage THIS DICK!"
I think that was the best thing i have ever posted..lmao
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread October 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Not sure why I never noticed this thread before, but the OP's post could have been ripped right out of the experiences at my store. Fuck, Blockbuster customers are complete fucktards no matter where you go.

To the OP, you forgot one...and assuming your customers do the same stupid shit my customers do I guarantee you they are doing this at all the stores...

The customer is on the floor and can't find something so they go to the REGISTER to ask for help finding something on the FLOOR. INSTEAD of asking the employee on the FLOOR who is putting away movies and greeting people. And the same goes vice versa...they will approach the person on the FLOOR running the movies/greeting people to ask if there is a movie in the DROP BOX! Why the FUCK don't they waddle their wide asses to the register and ask the employees standing around back there?

FUCK!!!!!! Why is that so FUCKING HARD for people to understand they are asking the wrong person for the wrong thing!
Unread October 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
Not sure why I never noticed this thread before, but the OP's post could have been ripped right out of the experiences at my store. Fuck, Blockbuster customers are complete fucktards no matter where you go.

To the OP, you forgot one...and assuming your customers do the same stupid shit my customers do I guarantee you they are doing this at all the stores...

The customer is on the floor and can't find something so they go to the REGISTER to ask for help finding something on the FLOOR. INSTEAD of asking the employee on the FLOOR who is putting away movies and greeting people. And the same goes vice versa...they will approach the person on the FLOOR running the movies/greeting people to ask if there is a movie in the DROP BOX! Why the FUCK don't they waddle their wide asses to the register and ask the employees standing around back there?

FUCK!!!!!! Why is that so FUCKING HARD for people to understand they are asking the wrong person for the wrong thing!
I understand the frustrations with customers, but at the same time I never found what your saying to be a big issue.

My complaints with customers had more to do with them wanting me to reward them by taking off a large balance because they decided to throw a temper tantrum in my store.

If I was ever on the floor, and someone asks whats in the drop box; I guess I never had much of an issue going over to look. And same with behind the counter...as long as there wasn't a line. If there was then I would politely tell the customer to either wait or find the employee on the floor.

Over time, anything customers do can infuriate you but trivial stuff just never bugged me. From their perspective, your getting paid to help them and it shouldn't matter which employee they approach.

Just take a deep breath, smile, and do what you gotta do.
Unread October 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post

One, usually you have to go all over the store to find floor person and the floor person is always talking to someone , a customer or friend.(past experience,)
Two, it's so much easier to go to the front , because that's were most employees hang out.
Three, Is it so hard to help someone when they come to the front?
Four, make up your mind, do you want customers to ask floor person(who may be running movies ) or go to the front and bother employees for help.
And isn't it your job to help a customer? No matter who they ask working there.?
The store I go to helps you no matter who you ask. Like the service I get there.
The top Poster!
Unread October 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
One, usually you have to go all over the store to find floor person and the floor person is always talking to someone , a customer or friend.(past experience,)
Two, it's so much easier to go to the front , because that's were most employees hang out.
Three, Is it so hard to help someone when they come to the front?
Four, make up your mind, do you want customers to ask floor person(who may be running movies ) or go to the front and bother employees for help.
And isn't it your job to help a customer? No matter who they ask working there.?
The store I go to helps you no matter who you ask. Like the service I get there.
No, I am just saying a thinking customer would ask more effectively. If I was in a grocery store and I needed help in the dairy section, I would try to find the employee closest to the dairy section as possible. I would not go to the produce section on the other side of the store and ask for help. Likewise, if I was a customer in a video store and I wondered if something was just returned, I would march my ass up to the front counter where they are checking in movies and ask, NOT go up to the employee on the other side of the store putting up movies in the W's when obviously they already ran the movies in the letters I am looking for and expect them to walk up to the front of the store when there are already three people I could have asked up there.

NO, it's not the biggest issue. But it's still a really fucking ineffective use of their time. My time, on the other hand? I get paid the same per hour whether they ask effectively nor not.
Unread October 21st, 2011, 06:18 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Or He forgot to punctuate, meaning he was saying, Glad you're not my dick, manager. So he was saying he is glad you are not his dick, and calling you his manager. Over compensation is what makes most people a lot happier with their small little lives. "I mean its nice and all but look at the location".

Realistically he wishes you were his manager and now his dick.

Here is several ways how it could have been more logical...

Glad you are not my manager, dick.
You are a dick, I am glad you are not my manager.
My manager is a dick, so are you.
Would you like to manage my dick?
My dick is quite manageable.
so many years later i still love this lol
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Yup

Been said all that and more for 10+ years!
Unread February 13th, 2012, 03:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonDesertGuy View Post
Been said all that and more for 10+ years!
Yep yup I reckon.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.