I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
IHBB GOD

My worst day at BBV - my CSR got busted

Ok so today I think was probably the worst day I have had since I started working here almost 4 1/2 years ago.

So anyway I open today as normal because my SM works the friday night to get his peak shifts in. So anyhow its suppose to be me and my CSR basically 9-4:30. We open as normal and he starts on Drop while I go to bank. Now heres where it gets bad. I come back from the bank already rushing because the SLOW POKE tellers have me making it back to the store with about 30 seconds to spare.

I look and there are 2 cars in my lot with nobody in them. Im like utoh, so I go up to door and unlock and inside is my CSR and my DM and the Loss prevention guy. My heart sunk I thought I did something and had no idea what. So my DM tells me they need to talk to my CSR. I was like umm ok, I guess I'll run the front end. So its been like 90 minutes and finally the door opens and the DM comes out. Tells me you need to replace his shift. I was like WTH, this sucks, then I asked why, and he cant tell me.

So I call everyone on the planet and even my SM who BTW NEVERS calls back and of course he didnt this time either.

Now its about 1 pm and finally my CSR comes out, with the LP guy and he looks like hes been crying or something. He walks by me and says peace bro, I said call me man. So about 1:30 or so the LP guy and my DM leave and im all by myself. Ok people Remember ITS FRIDAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THIS SUCKS!!!!.

I have no idea what just happened and now i've got to work by myself and its busy. So now its about 3:45 my CSR finally calls me, tells me he got fired. I was like you have got to be kidding. Now check this out..............
He got nailed for using customers onlines the were dropping in the box and not using. I was like OMG, I am glad I never had the guts to do that. Dude flat out got waxed and I got hung with working the shift alone.

I cant believe TA can get you fired, I mean it was stupid as heck and I dont know exactly how he got caught cause he said he didnt really know. I was like did you really do it, he said ya man they knew i was.

Have you guys Had anything like this happen?
Also if so how do they catch you?

This is just crazy and my day like i said Sucked. I am just glad I am home now but I am still freaked out over the whole thing and it wasnt even me now i wont be able to sleep normal , nice weekend.

Sorry for the long stress rant guys but this has been a wild and crazy day.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Probably using them on his own account. I dunno how they would know otherwise.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Out of curiosity how exactly do the TA checkins work?

Do you have to have a dedicated TA account set up first, or can the free rentals be redeemed on any account?

Either way I could think of a number of very simple ways to catch someone out abusing them, but I'd rather get some clarification on the specifics before I make a fool of myself.

Basic rule when it comes to doing dodgy stuff though. 9 times out of 10 when "You can't be caught!" it means your being to dumb to spot the very simple ways they can catch you out. So the only way you have to not worry about being fired is to not do ANYTHING dodgy EVER.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Sorry to hear it, I was in a similar situation last summer with a csr that was stealing, so I know how it feels.

Using the mailers is considered coupon fraud....don't know how for sure they
figured it out but none the less...big no no
Unread April 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM
IHBB GOD

I'm still stressed over it and I didnt even do anything. I kinda feel like they might think me or my SM were in on it thats kinda why I wanna know how they catch people so maybe I can catch em first next time.

My SM called me a little bit ago and told me to call and listen to voicemail. So I called the Store voicemail. The DL put out a message about onlines.

"All onlines dropped off to your Stores in the drop box or handed in by customers must be checked in thru the POS and not used on employee accounts or any other customer accounts. Then went on to say something about it being company policy.

I am pretty sure that was made because of my csr today, but it still doesnt really tell me how or how I would know if anyone else in the store does it.

Last edited by BBVcasualposter; April 20th, 2007 at 04:55 PM.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM

I'm not sure how they can track it....maybe the DL was reviewing tapes one day and saw it or something? Or maybe by the barcode number? Our store meeting is tomorrow so I will ask my SM before the meeting.....

I can relate to the stress and I'm sorry! The CSR we caught was training to be a SL and it made me sick to my stomach...

I think you will be fine since you didn't know about what was going on...

If I hear anything I will let you know.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM

yea we went through this last week. letter from the RDO saying if anything of the listed were done with onlines we would be fired on the spot. had to sign it and everything. why not just do what your suspose to do and not try to cheat to get numbes up? its pitiful i think
Customers, when you think about it, really have a lot in common with zombies. First of all, one by itself is not a problem, it can be dealt with easily. The real threat comes from their ability to overwhelm you with their sheer numbers. They tend not to move very fast, and they don't think for themselves very much
Unread April 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Not to mention the two communication updates ....
Unread April 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post

I cant believe TA can get you fired, I mean it was stupid as heck and I dont know exactly how he got caught cause he said he didnt really know. I was like did you really do it, he said ya man they knew i was.

Have you guys Had anything like this happen?
Also if so how do they catch you?

sorry dude, that sucks. but there is this little thing called coupon fraud. Its not just total access. Its coupons in general. Using ANY coupon that is not yours, is coupon fraud. if the csr wanted to get free rentals with total access mailers, he should have signed up for his own total access account. those mailers were not his to use.

This is a HUGE issue right now. I busted a csr doing that same thing back in January, I put him on a final written warning. he eventually quit a few weeks later.

There are many ways you can get caught. and i know them all, but, i am not going to help anyone dig their own grave. you just dont do it. a free movie rental should not be worth losing your job.
Unread April 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to hippieness
So they can tell the difference between someone elses online mailers and your own personal one that you signed up for youself?

Dr. Cameron: [discussing a patient's diagnosis] What about sex?
Dr. Gregory House: Well, it might get complicated. We work together. I am older, certainly, but maybe you like that.
Dr. Cameron: I meant maybe he has neurosyphilis.
Dr. Gregory House: Heh, nice cover.