I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 11th, 2010, 07:38 PM
IHBB GOD

so you come into work in a great mood

you just know you're gonna sell your ass off. the customers love you and you're clearly having a great time.

then 3 reprice reports are thrown at your feet because the huge report corporate sent to you a couple days ago (in which you worked hard to complete in less than 2 days) was a mistake.

yep, you have to RE-reprice those same movies you got done with days ago.

your mood is now shitty. customers are assholes. fuck selling.

fyl.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (January 12th, 2010), almondSM (January 12th, 2010), bthbr4 (January 11th, 2010), empbal (January 12th, 2010), johnlow71 (January 11th, 2010), katiebell (January 12th, 2010), mollie (January 18th, 2010), whineyboy (January 23rd, 2010), wowurrcool (January 12th, 2010), zooworker (January 12th, 2010)
Unread January 11th, 2010, 07:39 PM
IHBB GOD

had same night, other crAP took over being able to be wonder woman
Unread January 12th, 2010, 04:53 AM

So what are we to think as employees? Redundant tasks or Customer Service? What is really our companies primary goal?
Unread January 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebell View Post
So what are we to think as employees? Redundant tasks or Customer Service? What is really our companies primary goal?
In the company's mind, you should be able to do both with no problem. Of course, this is the same company that can't order locks , can't give you any idea when your movies will come in, but can (and will) fire experienced staff to save a few bucks.

I was in reprice hell yesterday, too. Thank God there was no one in the store, or they would have heard my endless stream of swearing as I put yet another price sticker on a movie that had 5 sticker beneath it. Of all the stupid things this company does (and there are many), I will never, never understand the constant juggling of prices on 10 year old movies. If it didn't sell for $7.99, do you really think making it $14.99 is going to help?
johnlow71 (January 12th, 2010), mollie (January 18th, 2010), PilotKelson1056 (January 25th, 2010)
Unread January 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
you just know you're gonna sell your ass off. the customers love you and you're clearly having a great time.

then 3 reprice reports are thrown at your feet because the huge report corporate sent to you a couple days ago (in which you worked hard to complete in less than 2 days) was a mistake.

yep, you have to RE-reprice those same movies you got done with days ago.

your mood is now shitty. customers are assholes. fuck selling.

fyl.
This has happened so often you would think someone would get their shit together, but no, they keep making life miserable for employees.
The top Poster!
Unread January 13th, 2010, 01:21 AM

Send a message via MSN to rob_zombie
have any of you people ever had a bruise under your fingernail from too much sticker peeling? i think i have... every time i touch the end of my thumb i get this numbness feeling (like you would if you cut your nails too short)

I'm getting fed up of work related injures and i am starting to conjurer up ideas to replace the stickers. So far i have come up with the idea of blue tooth chips implanted into the front of the dvd box that updates via computer = no more sticker peeling!
Unread January 13th, 2010, 05:32 AM
IHBB GOD

yeah lol bluetooth. why not RFID too?

but yeah, sticker peeling hurts and it doesn't really help that i have a nail-biting addiction.
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (January 13th, 2010)
Unread January 13th, 2010, 05:38 AM
IHBB Freak

My bad habit is nail biting, and it seemed like, even unintentionally, I'd bite all my fingernails off the day before a massive sticker pull. 'Course, once our market had done away with stickers, that made Monday sticker pull day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread January 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM

That bluetooth idea would be very cool! Only in our dreams I'm afraid. Unfortunately we don't use a standard pricing structure for stuff like new games or movies and stuff =P Pisses me off too, when I worked at Macy's, in the Shoe Department, know what my "Setting a Sale" (AKA Reprice) was? Switch out the little plastic things in the metal signs instead of saying (xx.99) they said "xx.99 + 40% off!"

8 whole signs was my big project for the new sale lol
Unread January 13th, 2010, 08:50 AM
IHBB GOD

we have have a cool little tool that we use for the stickers, helps cause i too envy my finger nails