I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM

No, really....why?

Why don't we get free Dish TV for working for this company? Comcast employees get free cable AND internet. Cell phone employees often get free service or deep discounts on the service plans offered.

Just saying...the old Blockbuster seemed intent on taking away perks from us. When will the new company that owns us start giving us more perks?

And I can't sell their Dish TV packages if I don't get to use them.

Just sayin...
Unread October 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
Why don't we get free Dish TV for working for this company? Comcast employees get free cable AND internet. Cell phone employees often get free service or deep discounts on the service plans offered.

Just saying...the old Blockbuster seemed intent on taking away perks from us. When will the new company that owns us start giving us more perks?

Just sayin...
We are to different companies still. Dish says they are working on it but I don't believe it really. Plus, Blockbuster workers are not suppose to sell Dish products. They don't want us too. Thats for their Dish employees to do lol.
Unread October 4th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post

Just sayin...
They probably treat you guys like an outsource center. I work for the local cable company through a call center that handles several different clients, so I don't get any of the perks that people who work directly for the cable company get. It's just one more way they think they can get more money out of you.
Unread October 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM

it is really because they know we can sell the ass off of it and they would not be able to pay the incentive.
The Following User Says Thank You to katiebell For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (October 5th, 2011)
Unread October 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM

If they did that they'd have to give all their DISH employees free rentals from the stores too.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread October 5th, 2011, 06:17 AM

You don't want Dish anyway...it is an awful service unless you live in an area without clouds or rain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (October 5th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (October 7th, 2011)
Unread October 5th, 2011, 08:18 AM

Dish does suck. Very horrible service. To many surprises in the subscription also.
Unread October 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason220 View Post
You don't want Dish anyway...it is an awful service unless you live in an area without clouds or rain.
I had Dish-even when we were giving Directv away for free. The signal went out every time it rained and we had to re-position the dish every spring because of our trees. I hated selling Directv and will not be hawking Dish.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (October 5th, 2011)
Unread October 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZappa View Post
They probably treat you guys like an outsource center. I work for the local cable company through a call center that handles several different clients, so I don't get any of the perks that people who work directly for the cable company get. It's just one more way they think they can get more money out of you.
You should try working at the car wash

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread October 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
If they did that they'd have to give all their DISH employees free rentals from the stores too.
I don't see anything wrong with that.