I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Don't worry, there's tons of crap British beer, and even more crappy cider (that will make you go blind eventually).

However, I agree that Cadbury makes a damn fine chocolate bar, I really enjoy the "dairy milk double" bars with nuts. And, of course, they have to reformulate them for sale in the U.S., making the ones you find in stores like World Market not as good as the European versions.
Unread October 4th, 2007, 01:25 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
Don't forget about beer. What's the most flavorful mass-produced American beer? I guess Sam Adams almosts counts, but they're a craft brewery. But anyway, I tried a six pack of Bass, and I'm like, well, it's pretty much British macro ale, how good can it taste? But it was hoppy and flavorful.
Carrying on the Australian theme, I'm not a beer drinker, but I put away quite a few VBs while I was there. As far as beers here in the US, Fat Tire is pretty much the only one I'll get when I'm out.
Unread October 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
IHBB GOD

ok, can we please drop this thread!!! it's really hard for somebody to diet when this thread shows up on the new posts every time I'm on here!!!! if it sticks around, I may have to leave!!

TURTLE IS A WELL KNOWN, WELL RESPECTED, AND MUCH LIKED CONTRIBUTER TO THESE FORUMS AND SHOULD BE PROMOTED TO ROYAL STATUS ASAP.
Thanks to the Royal Sugar Pants from the Royal Ninja Tortoise!!

Royal Ninja Turtle...aka the Royal Tortoise
Unread October 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Carrying on the Australian theme, I'm not a beer drinker, but I put away quite a few VBs while I was there. As far as beers here in the US, Fat Tire is pretty much the only one I'll get when I'm out.
I've never had a Fat Tire, who makes that? I also don't know what VB is.

My love for beer is growing rapidly as I continue to sample more craft and imported brews.
Unread October 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM

If anyone's even in the Baltimore area, look up a microbrewery called "Du Claw."

Some of the tastiest beer I've ever had.
Unread October 4th, 2007, 04:32 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
I've never had a Fat Tire, who makes that? I also don't know what VB is.

My love for beer is growing rapidly as I continue to sample more craft and imported brews.
Fat Tire is made by the New Belgium Brewing Company of Fort Collins, CO. Apparently it's only distributed in 18 or so states - Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Colorado, of course.

VB is Victoria Bitter. It's made by the same brewers of Foster's, a lager of which I am not a huge fan.
Unread October 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Don't forget about beer. What's the most flavorful mass-produced American beer? I guess Sam Adams almosts counts, but they're a craft brewery. But anyway, I tried a six pack of Bass, and I'm like, well, it's pretty much British macro ale, how good can it taste? But it was hoppy and flavorful.
One word. XXXX

You can't even get it here since Shrub came to office. So much for fucking free trade Republicans

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe? It's fucking close to water.....

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Fat Tire is made by the New Belgium Brewing Company of Fort Collins, CO. Apparently it's only distributed in 18 or so states - Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Colorado, of course.

VB is Victoria Bitter. It's made by the same brewers of Foster's, a lager of which I am not a huge fan.
Yeah. It's good to live on the West Side Oregon has some good microbrews, too. I went to Widmer brewing.... thing is, their ROOT beer was the best thing they had.

And remember, Fosters is the crap we sell to foreigners. You will NEVER meet a true blue Aussie that will even admit to ever trying it. Ugh. And to make matters worse, the Fosters you get here in the States is "licensed", meaning it is made in the US by (IIRC) Miller, so it really is just crappy American beer with an Australian flag on it.

VB (aka Vitamin B) is good, and Toohey's isn't bad, but when you grow up on XXXX, you realise what good beer really is.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe? It's fucking close to water.....

This is that class and sophistication I was talking about!!

Lord, beer me strength.

Bill Maher: I'm like the anti-Pope. The Pope is very consistent about life: Don't fuck with it. I'm that way about death. I'm pro-death. I'm for the death penalty. I'm pro-choice. I'm pro-assisted suicide, and I'm pro-regular suicide. Whatever gets the freeway moving.
Unread October 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Because of this topic, I picked up some Ghirardelli at the market today, and as I type this, I am enjoying the fucking hell out of it.