I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
IHBB GOD

LMAO this is how fucking blockbuster talks to employees about communications!

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pranks/unex-call.htm

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread October 26th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Anybody else think that this is the final straw that will break the camels back? How in God's green earth does corporate think this will make money?!?!?!
This is the first post ever in this tread back on October 17th, 2006..... I really agree!!
Unread October 26th, 2010, 06:07 PM
IHBB Freak

BTW, I still use my free employee online account so I get two free mailers a month. In the past three months, three of the discs were cracked and unplayable, two were seemingly cleaned with a brillo pad and one worked fine. Yaaaay, team! I also get (and pay) for Netflix where I have a cracked disc, oh, about once a year (and I get 5 discs a WEEK). God bless BB for making the competition look so good.
Unread October 27th, 2010, 02:24 AM

Half the movies on my list are either "unavailable" or on some sort of wait. Come on, really? The history of the Seattle Mariners is on a "very long wait"? I like them, but come on, not that many people are clamoring for the set.

I'm seeing a lot of the new releases that don't usually hit the stores are showing up as "unavailable" and I wish there was some kind of reason. If it's because they are still working on contracts w/the studios or whatever, take them off the damn site.

Oh, and the first Terminator has been on a "very long wait" since last year. Really? I'm about ready to switch to Netflix.
Unread October 27th, 2010, 03:41 AM
IHBB Freak

I don't think "Very Long Wait" has anything to do with popular demand. I've had one somewhat obscure 70's horror flick at the top of my queue for over a year, always as VLW. My queue has about 30 movies, all but 3 are listed as available (but arrive unplayable). I think the problem is that BB has a handful of copies (maybe as little as one) that is circulating the country. This will be a trend though as these online/mailer services push towards streaming so I'm anticipating a similar issue with Netflix in the near future ... actually already seeing it with TV shows.

I'm just concerned because I'm pushing this service on our customers when I know from experience that it's not as good as the competitor. My use of BB online is free so it's no loss to me, but I can't imagine how I would feel if I was paying $20 or more a month.
Unread October 27th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Yeah, I'm paying $19.99 a month. I haven't switched because they screwed up my account before the last rate hike when they fixed it gave me a new account and locked me in at that rate (3 out at a time which includes the trade-in).

I looked over my queue this morning and of the first 50, I'd say maybe 20 of them are available. The second 50 isn't quite as bad. But I'm still considering the switch. The games and price are the only things keeping from it, but that could change.
Unread October 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
BTW, I still use my free employee online account so I get two free mailers a month. In the past three months, three of the discs were cracked and unplayable, two were seemingly cleaned with a brillo pad and one worked fine. Yaaaay, team! I also get (and pay) for Netflix where I have a cracked disc, oh, about once a year (and I get 5 discs a WEEK). God bless BB for making the competition look so good.
I have had the employee online account for over a year now, and have never had a cracked disc... I had one disc that was majorly scratched, requested a new one, and got it within 48 hours...