I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 7th, 2010, 02:46 PM

pushing the movie Inception

So today our goal from our RDO & DM is to push Inception rentals. And get all copies rented out today. Their theory is that we can rent out all copies on Tuesday at $5 a piece & then rent them all out again Friday when they all get returned for another $5 each.

So I don't think they understand that it would mean the customers coming in on Wed, Thurs, Sat & Sun would be pissed off.

Why not try to sell all 20 copies or so of Inception with the low price of 17.99? That too would help Make The Day. And it makes sense to want to sell out the 1st week because that is when it has the best chance of selling. And it would prove the low sales price works better.

This is just one of the weirdest goals I've seen. We get new releases every week. We are acting like this is something new.
Unread December 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Problem is we are not getting actual revenue for renting the movie because everyone getting it today has a pass of some sort!
Unread December 7th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra View Post
so Today Our Goal From Our Rdo & Dm Is To Push Inception Rentals. And Get All Copies Rented Out Today. Their Theory Is That We Can Rent Out All Copies On Tuesday At $5 A Piece & Then Rent Them All Out Again Friday When They All Get Returned For Another $5 Each.

So I Don't Think They Understand That It Would Mean The Customers Coming In On Wed, Thurs, Sat & Sun Would Be Pissed Off.

Why Not Try To Sell All 20 Copies Or So Of Inception With The Low Price Of 17.99? That Too Would Help Make The Day. And It Makes Sense To Want To Sell Out The 1st Week Because That Is When It Has The Best Chance Of Selling. And It Would Prove The Low Sales Price Works Better.

This Is Just One Of The Weirdest Goals I've Seen. We Get New Releases Every Week. We Are Acting Like This Is Something New.
Ps: The Movie Sucked Ass!!!
Unread December 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM

...and The Movie Sucked Ass!!!
Unread December 7th, 2010, 05:10 PM

A movie rental store finally pushing movie rentals? What a concept.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (December 8th, 2010), MaximusX7 (December 8th, 2010)
Unread December 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM

At least theyre having you push a good movie, theres nothing worse than trying to make someone rent a movie you know theyre gonna come back and punch you in the face for recommending 4 hours later
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
max belmont (December 7th, 2010)
Unread December 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebell View Post
Problem is we are not getting actual revenue for renting the movie because everyone getting it today has a pass of some sort!
Too true. I stoped by one of my stores today and although my SL had rented 19 copies of Inception only 8 had actually been paid for! He was keeping track!
Unread December 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM

Again, this is a case of corporate having absolutely no clue as to what is happening on the store level. It's a new release movie that was one of this biggest hits of the summer. You don't need any help getting all the copies out the first week, it's guaranteed to be out by Friday.
Unread December 8th, 2010, 02:20 AM

People KNOW that it's a great movie, it's really going to sale itself.
Unread December 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM

I may be in the minority here, but I didn't find the movie that great and thought it was over-rated. Besides, why push it? People already know about it and are going to get it anyway. Those that don't are going to look at you crazy when you try to explain it and then not get it. Plus, we have a big as poster of it on the front window saying 28 days before Netflix, if they can't see that they have issues.

Also, won't studios get a little mad when they find out stores are pushing certain movies over theirs? I know I would.