I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Don't wanna make you feel bad MamaSmurf, but it only took me a day to do the wall at my big store and we had 40 something bays
Unread August 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfall28 View Post
The problem with that being that you still had current titles in force in the middle 3 bays for the NRW that had not reached a year yet and had to be switched to BSI. We have VERY few titles in that area that are not already a year old (they send about 4 to 6 smaller titles a week now, but remember during the 3 month bankruptcy proceedings we got almost zero smaller titles). It's not hard to make room in the middle, the problem is we have SO MUCH room that it makes it hard to align the wall alphabetically at times with all the titles that are already in BSI.
To be fair, I haven't bothered aligning the top three rows alphabetically with the bottom five rows for over half a year now, because of the lack of titles on the top three rows. At one point a few months ago when we had a LOT of A-D movies on the bottom five rows, I think I had like all the way to Hs and Is on the top row aligned with the last Ds on the bottom rows. But there was not much else I could do since even with the older-than-a-year titles still on the top three rows, there was no way I could spread out the A-D titles on the top three rows to match, and I wasn't about to go find two-year-old movies from BSI to add back in to the NR wall just to make everything line up perfectly alphabetically.

So, I am definitely NOT worried about trying excessively hard to alphabetically align this new way of doing things at the moment.
Unread August 7th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
Don't wanna make you feel bad MamaSmurf, but it only took me a day to do the wall at my big store and we had 40 something bays
I had to do it in between customers in a high volume store. Like $8,ooo per DAY tnr. That's why it took so long. They wouldn't give us hours for it. Plus, I think that store was close to 60 bays
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaSmurf For This Useful Post:
CoffeeCup (August 8th, 2011)
Unread August 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM

BBV should have done this three years ago.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlockbusterLuvsU For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (August 7th, 2011)
Unread August 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
To be fair, I haven't bothered aligning the top three rows alphabetically with the bottom five rows for over half a year now, because of the lack of titles on the top three rows. At one point a few months ago when we had a LOT of A-D movies on the bottom five rows, I think I had like all the way to Hs and Is on the top row aligned with the last Ds on the bottom rows. But there was not much else I could do since even with the older-than-a-year titles still on the top three rows, there was no way I could spread out the A-D titles on the top three rows to match, and I wasn't about to go find two-year-old movies from BSI to add back in to the NR wall just to make everything line up perfectly alphabetically.

So, I am definitely NOT worried about trying excessively hard to alphabetically align this new way of doing things at the moment.
Lol, that's what my point was. Have to spread out nearly every backer card I have to even get close. It's VERY hard to do now if not impossible from an alphabetical standpoint. Me, I can get over alpha being loose. The customers however seem to prefer their A's in the A's and not in the H's. I know I would if I was renting something and somebody told me it was in alphabetical order on the NRW. Somebody asks where Biutiful is and I'd like to say," In the B's" instead of, " Uh, I'm not sure, try looking near F". Welcome to BB, we spell like a coked up chimp, good luck finding your flick
Unread August 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM

LOL @ "Coked up chimp". Which if it were a new movie would probably be found around the "H"s.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (August 7th, 2011)
Unread August 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
I had to do it in between customers in a high volume store. Like $8,ooo per DAY tnr. That's why it took so long. They wouldn't give us hours for it. Plus, I think that store was close to 60 bays
:O :O :O There are stores still making that much?
Unread August 8th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
:O :O :O There are stores still making that much?
A couple . It's not as fun as it sounds lol.
Unread August 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Why not just do straight alphabetical for the NR wall?
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
D Money (August 14th, 2011)
Unread August 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
Why not just do straight alphabetical for the NR wall?
Thats pretty much the way my wall is set up. I had RDO's and DM come in all the time pretty much and not complain lol