I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM

It ends when you say F this BS, I can do better and quit!
The Following User Says Thank You to kOre For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (December 10th, 2011)
Unread December 11th, 2011, 06:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
It ends when you say F this BS, I can do better and quit!
Doubtful my sm always told me it was just a job so do it. Its a scape goat to do things is just to say I don't like what I am doing buts its a job. I think some of ppl on the board that are still there Need there arm turned by a rotating axle (yes from a car) because they have just become to comfortable will the you suck attitude

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Doubtful my sm always told me it was just a job so do it. Its a scape goat to do things is just to say I don't like what I am doing buts its a job. I think some of ppl on the board that are still there Need there arm turned by a rotating axle (yes from a car) because they have just become to comfortable will the you suck attitude
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtuxjHBmi4#t=5m34s
Unread December 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
IHBB Freak

thats not even funny kaw..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
thats not even funny kaw..
My bad... does this help?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeaPDx_naHg#t=0m45s
Unread December 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Lmao!!! But I guess I turned into a tobi but now I am akinte

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM

A memo came out yesterday that corporate feels we are "saving" so much money by buying the movies instead of getting them through the studios that they now want the stores to buy additional copies of new releases and send them with our online mailers to the online centers. They also started sending us transfers the very next week after a movie comes out of how many copies to send to online to help supply that side. If you tell my store it can only buy 6 copies of 30 Minutes Or Less and all 6 copies are checked out -let's do the math 6-6= how many copies we are shipping out. Guess their s.o.l.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (December 13th, 2011)
Unread December 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Times like these are always fun in the grand state of CA, where we're all hourly.

Working an entire shift by myself costs the company MORE paying me 3 hours of missed breaks than it would cost to have a CSR come in for a four hour shift to cover said breaks. Plus a lot more gets done with two people.

Dish seems pretty fucking clueless when it comes to business in CA. They tried to screw us on insurance... They tried to screw us on PTO... Now they're trying to screw us in labor. But all of it is going to end up costing more. Clever!

Okay, I'll work 52 hours. Have fun paying me all that overtime. Especially the holiday overtime.

At least the customers are understanding. They get pissy, but they know it's corporate, not us, who's to blame.
What is the range pay for SM's in Cali? 30's, 40's 50's??
Just wondering.
Unread December 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS#254 View Post
What is the range pay for SM's in Cali? 30's, 40's 50's??
Just wondering.
Well. It depends on a couple things. 1) When the SM was hired. 2) Whether or not the SM is an outside hire. 3) How many hours the SM works in a week.

Outside hires usually make more. I'm internal. I'm in the low 40s but if I worked more, I'd make more, obviously. But my time outside work is worth more to me than my time and a half pay.
Unread December 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM

Smile Average

I was just looking for a Average wage. I know here it can go from 32, the lowest I've heard, to the low 50's. Most people worth their wait, we had a lot of 10+ year Managers, they were in the low 50's.
I'm sure I'l get shit for this, but I don't think low 50's, is bad pay for a 10+ year manager.