I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Sick of the lack of titles and support from our evil overlords...

Has anyone gotten calls/confronted by customers who are fed up because they have a pass to get new movies and there's none available every time they come in? They give us 20 copies of a movie like drive and I get ten people asking for it everyday! If we don't have things in stock time after time then they are going to find movies elsewhere you know? I mean it's great and all that we turn over our inventory three times a week but if you account for people who aren't going to come back because they can't find the movies they want and if we had a few more copies it would be that much more profit.

I feel as though dish network is a big draining away our customers and all our prp and movies for sale but not giving us enough new titles to replenish them! Anyone given a thought to what happens when the warehouses run out of back stocked prp? When we run out of stuff from the warehouses they will shutdown those and they can shut down any store when their lease is up since they have no unpaid for product left in the store. Anyways I just feel like we are being set up for failure here with continuingly higher goals less customers and less hours to do anything with....

P.S. how pants on head retarded does a company have to be to continually run out of paper towels?

Last edited by MarkusAurelias; February 7th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Unread February 7th, 2012, 02:01 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusAurelias View Post
Has anyone gotten calls/confronted by customers who are fed up because they have a pass to get new movies and there's none available every time they come in? They give us 20 copies of a movie like drive and I get ten people asking for it everyday! If we don't have things in stock time after time then they are going to find movies elsewhere you know? I mean it's great and all that we turn over our inventory three times a week but if you account for people who aren't going to come back because they can't find the movies they want and if we had a few more copies it would be that much more profit.

I feel as though dish network is a big draining away our customers and all our prp and movies for sale but not giving us enough new titles to replenish them! Anyone given a thought to what happens when the warehouses run out of back stocked prp? When we run out of stuff from the warehouses they will shutdown those and they can shut down any store when their lease is up since they have no unpaid for product left in the store. Anyways I just feel like we are being set up for failure here with continuingly higher goals less customers and less hours to do anything with....

P.S. how pants on head retarded does a company have to be to continually run out of paper towels?

BlockBuster doesn't want to get more copies depth because it makes us money plus we are still waiting for the movie studios to budge. They are coming close because no one likes their Ultra Violent aka digital copy. hints that Paramount realized Ultra Violent sucks and came to blockbuster and that's how we got Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 last week.

Also, if we don't have that movie, they could always rent their back up. We have plenty of movies to sell and to rent lol

You can see why this business model is slowly dieing and Dish can finally see what is happening, although it can be successful in many areas if they play their cards right. People don't really want to wait for movies in the mail. But eventually the ending is coming and the signs are at hand just like the second coming of Jesus Christ. These events have to take place first before end appears.

All people want is the new release movies! We all witness this as we work there. Sooner or later like after 3-4 weeks goes by, those movies would go back to the shelf and collect dust like they never even existed lol. People that still work at the stores still, look at Change up, Cowboys & Aliens, and Debt O_O we have so many copies and people don't even rent it that much.

Just tell you customers this if it makes them feel better "Its very high in demand just wait because all our rentals are one day and plus it should be coming back very soon because the next new releases are coming on Tuesday. Its going to be hard at first but saying with your CHEST!!!!

Yeah, I know how you feel about getting all the other stores stuff. I got all new releases that rent quickly but bsi and stuff is just like "what the heck man =\ " My manager just puts it in the back because there is no room for it lol. Do they think were warehouses or something? They just need to lower the prices of the other closing store stuff and just sell it. Just get it all out even if they take a loss because in the end no one wants a 16 inch teddy bear lolly pop.

P.S: here is something you can use in your bathroom! Take out paper towels and replace it with a towel. It should save blockbuster a lot of money
Unread February 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
hahaha, pants on head, offical bb memorandum would state, stfu and buy your own! but of course, that is just a suggestion.
Unread February 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM

I wonder what a shit fit they would throw if i did a disbursement for that... Im alost ot looking forward to doing inventory tonight it will be short but im pretty sure we are missing a bunch of stuff...
Unread February 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I wonder what a shit fit they would throw if i did a disbursement for that... Im alost ot looking forward to doing inventory tonight it will be short but im pretty sure we are missing a bunch of stuff...
Just call your DM and ask to do a disbursement! They won't get mad unless the disbursement didn't meaning anything. One of the manager needs paper and blockbuster hasn't order or it hasn't come in =\ We just did the disbursement and got the paper from the local store.
Unread February 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Just call your DM and ask to do a disbursement! They won't get mad unless the disbursement didn't meaning anything.
Maybe YOUR dm wouldn't get mad, but some of us aren't blessed with dms that have enough common sense to allow disbursements for critical supplies. In fact, some of us have dms that insinuate that we should just go out and buy supplies ourselves, critical or not.

"We need to decorate our prp tables with helium balloons to increase our sells [his spelling, not mine] this week."

"A best practice would be to get some poster board and make a huge sign to attach to the swing fixture to sat [again] outside each day to drive sells [again]"

Of course, these suggestions are always followed by some sort of statement telling us to do "what's best for our business" and not "needlessly" rely on disbursements when there are more "financially responsible ways" to acquire the required supplies.

So, unless he means we should go to WalMart and steal the stuff, I'm pretty sure he expects us to pay for it out of our own pockets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 8th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (February 8th, 2012)
Unread February 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImNothing View Post
Maybe YOUR dm wouldn't get mad, but some of us aren't blessed with dms that have enough common sense to allow disbursements for critical supplies. In fact, some of us have dms that insinuate that we should just go out and buy supplies ourselves, critical or not.

"We need to decorate our prp tables with helium balloons to increase our sells [his spelling, not mine] this week."

"A best practice would be to get some poster board and make a huge sign to attach to the swing fixture to sat [again] outside each day to drive sells [again]"

Of course, these suggestions are always followed by some sort of statement telling us to do "what's best for our business" and not "needlessly" rely on disbursements when there are more "financially responsible ways" to acquire the required supplies.

So, unless he means we should go to WalMart and steal the stuff, I'm pretty sure he expects us to pay for it out of our own pockets.
“If you are an hourly employee, you will be paid for all time worked. You should never work "off the clock." If you are ever asked to work "off the clock," you should immediately contact your manager, your manager's supervisor or a Human Resources representative. Alternatively, you may contact the Employee Hotline at 888-441-WORD [9673] or on-line at www.ethicspoint.com. In addition, if you are an hourly employee you should never take work home – even if doing so voluntarily.”

According to the Blockbuster Handbook your DM is breaking the code. When you get paid too, it’s your money! Not the company’s money that tells you how spend it on them. If your DM hints or suggest, just tell them “hey, they would be great but how much should I disburse from register to complete this project?” and say it with your chest
Unread February 8th, 2012, 02:24 AM
IHBB GOD

yeah i had 1 die hard thats moved to a new store everytime we close one, lol he follows me to new store everytime. love the loyalty. hes one of those die hard movie watchers like myslef but yesterday he finally vented a little, understandly. hell i told this will be my last stand and should we close i will move on finally
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
D Money (February 9th, 2012)
Unread February 8th, 2012, 05:42 AM

When you are buying your local buys just get one less copy, then stock up on paper towels with the card
Unread February 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Anyways I just feel like we are being set up for failure here with continuingly higher goals less customers and less hours to do anything with....
Duh, they started to do this 10 years ago
The top Poster!