I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
IHBB GOD

bonus distributions

anyone else receive news of getting bonuses? our store is getting a pretty good bonus total. of course, the SM is getting a nice chunk of it but the rest is being distributed amongst employees based on hours worked.
Unread September 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Angry

Lucky.................
Unread September 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
anyone else receive news of getting bonuses? our store is getting a pretty good bonus total. of course, the SM is getting a nice chunk of it but the rest is being distributed amongst employees based on hours worked.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is the top 10% of store will get these "bonuses". Again if I am thinking of the same thing, the incentive is about Total Attachment Sales (or something like that). So if your store is still doing poorly with the amount of sales it is getting then you can probably just forget about any sort of bonus. I would imagine that it might be better to just give regular raises instead of this crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBV4star For This Useful Post:
Mxnl1090 (September 16th, 2009)
Unread September 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
IHBB GOD

Yes, but less fun.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM

40 of the top 10% of stores will be randomly picked to get the bonus. It's every week for this period.

Attachment rate is your retail + rental - total visits/total visits
If that number is less 1.7ish then yo don't really have a chance. Unfortunately that includes my store
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxnl1090 For This Useful Post:
BBV4star (September 16th, 2009)
Unread September 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM
IHBB GOD

well, we do really well with sales. i'm not exactly sure where we fit in but we've already been told we're getting them.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
Attachment rate is your retail + rental - total visits/total visits
If that number is less 1.7ish then yo don't really have a chance. Unfortunately that includes my store

If you rent/sell 1 item then that will not count for anything. However, if a customer is renting something and the then either buy or rent something else then each additional add-on (attachment) is counted towards your TAR.

From what I can tell from the upper ups is that each store has its own TAR goal and the 10% takes into acct each stores goal. This at least makes it fair.

However where it falls through the cracks is that if your store does get the "bonus" and if there is one or two employees at your that haven't done anything to help sell they will still get part of the bonus. Seeing as how the bonus is for the store and the store is a team and every team member gets a slice of the cake. The way the payout appears to be broken down is by the amt of hours worked. Again if there is someone who isn't doing shit to help the sales but they work 20-30 hrs in a week and the person who did the majority of the selling only works 10-15 hrs in a week. Well the pay out doesn't seem to be fair and well balanced. This system is flawed and again this money should be used for FUCKING RAISES.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
IHBB GOD

true but i always assumed most SMs scheduled certain workers on how well they sold. at least my SM does.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM

If they want to increase attachment rate then they should paying commission on add-ons. I know that I would sell a lot harder if I was getting a cut from every sale.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
IHBB GOD

This whole bonus thing they are doing now is a brunch of crap. Go back to the old system were every one is paid by performance in their own store.
The top Poster!