I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Christmas at Blockbuster

OMG it sucked so bad. Since when does everyone come in on Christmas. OMG it was actually busy. >_> People need to die
Unread December 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
IHBB Freak

Did you give everyone their batteries?
Baby Firefly (December 27th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
OMG it sucked so bad. Since when does everyone come in on Christmas. OMG it was actually busy. >_> People need to die
People come in because your just about the only place in town that is open and most people have that day off. Lots of people get game systems, DVD players, and Blueray players as gifts.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 05:17 AM
IHBB GOD

ive worked many christmas's and yes ive noticed year after year its actually getting buiser. its weird me personally if i didnt have to work afetr all the shopping and all i would just stay he hell home. oh. well.

luckily my shift was just 5 hrs because i had a very upset stomach, the cookies i ate after all the good food didnt sit well.

its hard working christmas for me personally cause lets face it you just dont want to be there, so the fakest smile on the planet is on my face that day.ya know.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM

I gave batteries to 90% of the customers. About 7% I honestly forgot to give them the batteries and only thought about it after they were gone. 3% pissed me off enough that I didn't bother telling them about the offer.

Remarkably, there were only a couple customers that night that really were not good customers at all. The rest were OK. Of course, you get the obligatory apologies to us for having to work on Christmas. But they never seem to get it...if they weren't there, neither would we. The ONLY reason the 'Buster opens on Christmas is because they are afraid of the lost revenue for all the FOSed movies the next day and also because customers come out in record droves and help them make money. If they didn't make money, they wouldn't be open.

They could careless about protests of them being open on Christmas that people post on their Facebook page. They laugh at the posts when they see the sales numbers come in.

But even my ASM was pretty angry towards customers most of the day. I do think that Christmas is the one day out of the year all employees (and I mean ALL!) struggle to be nice to the customers. Most of the customers were OK and it wasn't hard to deal with them. For those that were harder, we were definitely more hard on them. I am guessing we will both get some customer complaints on us.

I had one customer bitch at me because she has four movies that were kept a day extra. They were due by the time we closed on Nov 25th, she admitted she returned them at 6am on her way to work in the morning on the 26th, but was still pissed she got a charge for them. "Normally they waive it." Needless to say, the bitch paid her fee and said she wouldn't be back. IS THAT A PROMISE??? Because if it was a threat, I could give a shit less. But I thought about it after she left....the store manager is known to FOS the movies in the drop box in the morning. So she dropped her movies off on a morning he didn't open, they didn't get FOSed, and the bitch had to pay. IF I had thought of that when she was there I would have explained to her that the store manager makes an EXCEPTION when he does it, but that's NOT standard operating procedure. (And the SM's exceptions to waive fees gets us the majority of the complaints when we don't automatically do it for his favorite customers.)
Unread December 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
I gave batteries to 90% of the customers. About 7% I honestly forgot to give them the batteries and only thought about it after they were gone. 3% pissed me off enough that I didn't bother telling them about the offer.

Remarkably, there were only a couple customers that night that really were not good customers at all. The rest were OK. Of course, you get the obligatory apologies to us for having to work on Christmas. But they never seem to get it...if they weren't there, neither would we. The ONLY reason the 'Buster opens on Christmas is because they are afraid of the lost revenue for all the FOSed movies the next day and also because customers come out in record droves and help them make money. If they didn't make money, they wouldn't be open.

They could careless about protests of them being open on Christmas that people post on their Facebook page. They laugh at the posts when they see the sales numbers come in.

But even my ASM was pretty angry towards customers most of the day. I do think that Christmas is the one day out of the year all employees (and I mean ALL!) struggle to be nice to the customers. Most of the customers were OK and it wasn't hard to deal with them. For those that were harder, we were definitely more hard on them. I am guessing we will both get some customer complaints on us.

I had one customer bitch at me because she has four movies that were kept a day extra. They were due by the time we closed on Nov 25th, she admitted she returned them at 6am on her way to work in the morning on the 26th, but was still pissed she got a charge for them. "Normally they waive it." Needless to say, the bitch paid her fee and said she wouldn't be back. IS THAT A PROMISE??? Because if it was a threat, I could give a shit less. But I thought about it after she left....the store manager is known to FOS the movies in the drop box in the morning. So she dropped her movies off on a morning he didn't open, they didn't get FOSed, and the bitch had to pay. IF I had thought of that when she was there I would have explained to her that the store manager makes an EXCEPTION when he does it, but that's NOT standard operating procedure. (And the SM's exceptions to waive fees gets us the majority of the complaints when we don't automatically do it for his favorite customers.)
Keepin it real

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM

I worked pretty much every holiday my first 6 or 7 years with BB. Christmas was the worst and was my one day a year that I gave the worst customer service. Those customers who always said "Man it sucks that they make y'all work on Christmas" always got the response "Well, if customers wouldn't come in in droves and make it one of the busiest days of the year, I probably wouldn't have to work!" And the incessant phone calls asking "Are y'all open?" typically got the answer "Nope, we're just down here to answer the phones!" I always tried to tell the higher ups that if customers knew we were going to be closed for Christmas, they would come in on Christmas eve and get what they needed. But then again, the higher ups didn't work on Christmas so why should they care?
Unread December 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Also, another thing i found out on that day is that in the beginning of January they are going to review all performance employees. This includes corporate, RDO's, DM's, Store employees. They are expecting to lay off many people. Get ready for it. They aren't giving details on what they are looking for but if they are doing this, the company isn't doing so hot. They want to re-organized their communication structure.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Also, another thing i found out on that day is that in the beginning of January they are going to review all performance employees. This includes corporate, RDO's, DM's, Store employees. They are expecting to lay off many people. Get ready for it. They aren't giving details on what they are looking for but if they are doing this, the company isn't doing so hot. They want to re-organized their communication structure.
Who will be true last man standing and how is ur work out regiment going? I got some new stuff if you feel like buying it...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Don't have to worry about getting laid off if stores are closing lol.... guess I won't get one rotf