I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM

What I Won't Miss About This Job

What I Won't Miss About This Job:
--eating lunch standing up, having to take bites between customers and my food eventually becoming cold before I finish.
--having to lock the door and making sure no customers are in the store just so I can use the restroom.
--feeling vulnerable and afraid many times because of BBV making us work alone.
--being held to unrealistic daily goals. They should just call them quotas because that's what they are.
--not receiving a raise in how long? but constantly being expected to sell more and more under the constant threat of loss of hours or loss of job.
I will miss alot of my customers-but not the job.
"She said she hated her job and wanted to burn the mother down." -Jack Black
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Antithesys (January 14th, 2012), Baby Firefly (January 15th, 2012), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (January 25th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (January 16th, 2012), inkedangel (January 15th, 2012), johnlow71 (January 14th, 2012), MaximusX7 (January 17th, 2012), SuspectRoll (January 23rd, 2012), wheresmikey (January 20th, 2012), Woodstock (January 15th, 2012)
Unread January 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
--eating lunch standing up, having to take bites between customers and my food eventually becoming cold before I finish.
--having to lock the door and making sure no customers are in the store just so I can use the restroom.
--being held to unrealistic daily goals. They should just call them quotas because that's what they are.
--not receiving a raise in how long? but constantly being expected to sell more and more under the constant threat of loss of hours or loss of job.
Sucks...but my business is up and running

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM

I won't miss self entitled asshole customers who think the world should revolve around them.
Unread January 15th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
I am not going to miss:

*while you are eating or on the phone a customer approaching the office area and start the sentence with...I know you are busy/eating but...
*being handed movies when the damn drop box is beside me, while I am checking out someone else
*gossip
*lazy ass people
*moving fixtures at the drop of the hat because it ensures you that you will sell out
*trying to leave with items in hand and customer saying, I know you are leaving but I really need help.
*customers asking if we have an item in and we inform them we just checked the box about five minutes ago. Well can you check it again cause I just heard someone drop something off.
*Customers asking why didn't we order more copies
*cramming food down in 10 minutes
*customers coming in the front door and asking before they even begin to look and stand there expecting you to go get it because they are too damn lazy to look!!
*crazy flipping goals
*living at blockbuster more than home
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fireyjewels For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (January 15th, 2012), D Money (January 15th, 2012), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (January 25th, 2012), Glass Half Empty (January 15th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (January 16th, 2012), inkedangel (January 15th, 2012), johnlow71 (January 15th, 2012), MaximusX7 (January 17th, 2012), wheresmikey (January 20th, 2012), Woodstock (January 15th, 2012)
Unread January 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM

I wish I could of lived at BBV more than I did at home but that is because they never gave me enough hours.

Eating was never an issue because my manger always sent me to the back and he called me up front if needed or if I went somewhere to eat I would eat there then come back. Eating as fast as possible was annoying.

Customer asking for videos from the drop was annoying so whenever they asked me to check it I would just start pulling the videos out of the box and start checking them in. /So that way when the next customer would ask there would be only a few videos and I would check those few in too. One of mine main goals was to keep the drop box empty as possible and get the videos on the return counter.

They didn't pay me enough to get the sales I was requested ugh sooo annoying and it annoyed the customers too. Its really annoying before you check someone out if they want a movie pass or online program, if they want to pre-order a movie or video game, and then finish off with movie snacks. Some customers I pissed off because they were like "why do you have to ask me about all this stuff?"

Customers that come into BBV and say first thing "I'm been looking for this movie/video game....." I want to say "Really you been looking around here? I swear I though you just came in through the front door".

Days where there were not enough staff and super busy and the drop box would overflow.

Also I used to work for a super busy BBV store and there would be a bunch of projects we would have to finish. But how am I supposed to finish all this stuff when I'm stuck at the register dealing with customer questions/problems and trying to make sales and keep the drop box empty and running returns?
Unread January 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM

New and Improved rental terms?
Not nearly enough hours.
Having customers go behind your counter to look in your drop box while your busy helping other customers.
Customers that say the "manager" told them they could keep the movie extra days or that they always credit off their fees.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkusAurelias For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (January 15th, 2012), inkedangel (January 15th, 2012), MaximusX7 (January 17th, 2012)
Unread January 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireyjewels View Post
I am not going to miss:

*customers coming in the front door and asking before they even begin to look and stand there expecting you to go get it because they are too damn lazy to look!!
I have NEVER understood this. There are certain behaviors Blockbuster customers exhibit that customers of other stores could NEVER get away with. This is right at the top of the list.

Try walking into Target or some other store (really...any other store for the most part) and ask where something is, be told where it is, and continue to stand there and see how fast the employee jumps to get it for you. It will never work in any other store. Yet asshole customers at Blockbuster expect it all the time.

I mean, seriously...could you imagine walking into a grocery store, go to the customer service counter, ask where bread is and continue to stand there staring at them until they just went to get it for you? No, neither can I?

Fuck off, Blockbuster customers. You better pray my store NEVER closes or a beast will be unleashed upon your asses that you cannot contain.
Unread January 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
IHBB Freak

I won't miss customers acting superior and talking down to me simply because I work retail.

I also won't miss pretending to be cheerful anytime my DM shows up. That's exhausting.
Glass Half Empty (January 15th, 2012), inkedangel (January 15th, 2012), MaximusX7 (January 17th, 2012)
Unread January 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
I won't miss customers acting superior and talking down to me simply because I work retail.
My job is just a part time gig. I have a "real" job full time (ie...NO customer interaction! It's wonderful! A nice, respectable job, too.) I have bills to pay, so I have a second job. Big whoop. A lot of people do this.

But one time I made a comment to a customer that I had a full time job and Blockbuster was just basically the job I work on weekends. He asked what I did and when I told him he stood there for a few seconds and scoffed and said, "No, you don't." I guess he didn't believe retail boy standing there before him would actually do what I did full time and take Blockbuster as a second job.

Asshole customers and their snap judgments about people...

I also remember one time a customer complaining that mistakes happen in the store because a bunch of "teenagers" work there. At that time the youngest person working there was 25. Most of us were in our 30s and the managers were late 30's/40's. People like to spout things off just because they think it makes them look better or something.

Another thing I won't miss: customers who claim we are closing because of one thing they did not like. IE: a customer came into the store a couple weeks ago, got mad that he had to have a membership to rent and as he was leaving said (in regards to needing the membership just to rent), "That's why Blockbusters are closing!" I yelled as he was leaving the store, "YEAH, THAT'S IT!" HE NAILED IT! Wow...what an amazing and intelligent man to figure it so quickly and swiftly when economists and CEOs and CFOs and people with high educations can't solve the problems! I stood there in aghast amazement at his obvious intelligence over the rest of us peons.

That fucktard asshole. I hope he died getting hit by a bus.
Unread January 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM

I forgot about:
-not having to come in on your deathbed because you couldn't find anyone else to work for you and not losing your job if you God forbid leave to go to the emergency room-that was for you, HH
-not having to choose between your job at BBV or staying at home with your sick child who had pneumonia and missed 3 weeks of school.
-not being expected to work when there's travel advisaries because we got snowed in or expecting us to keep the store open for 7 days with no electricity!
I too hate the "I know you're eating/leaving/checking someone else out"customers. I thought the ones who come in and stand by the side expecting me to stop waiting on the customers in line and immediately answer their question were bad but the customer who stopped me in the parking lot to ask me what to rent? Come on...

Last edited by Glass Half Empty; January 15th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
fireyjewels (January 15th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (January 16th, 2012), MaximusX7 (January 17th, 2012), PickleBundle (January 16th, 2012)