I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Announcements, Letters and Classic Threads > Letters

Unread May 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

Subject: n/a

Quote:
Subject: n/a
Friday, May 1, 2009 8:48:48 AMTo:ihateblockbuster@

Chances are so high that if you and you're wife after making the "bullshit" comment had been a little more polite then you would have recieved better service. No one likes to deal with customers like you and us as employees are not paid nearly enough to stand there and take your cursing. Yes, they made a mistake by not cheking in your movie. However, your wife decided to respond immaturely and in return they didnt really give a shit what happened. Hopefully you've learned from this a possible better way of handeling the situation. As for the district manager, you have no idea how busy they are and how many "I need you to call this customer" calls they get. They would not be able to do their job if all they did was handle all those calls. Anyways, calling him wouldn't have done anything for you except the relief of complaining to someone of a higher status. I work for blockbuster and 99% of the time the district manager agrees to clear the balance HOWEVER in your case with the "bullshit" comment he very likely turned a blind eye. Bottom line is....even though they made a mistake give you no right to treat them like shit....I would have laughed also after how retarted your wife acted.
My Reply:

I agree with you about the cussing, but at that point he wasn't going to do anything anyways.

But what is SO comical about your letter is:

As for the district manager, you have no idea how busy they are and how many "I need you to call this customer" calls they get.

Customer service really must suck for you guys to get that many requests. I worked retail and my DM was never too "busy" to call customers that were upset. I guess we didn't get SO MANY that it was a full time job for him...

-Chris
Unread May 5th, 2009, 05:42 AM
IHBB Freak

Wow... I guess his DM has time to answer every single customer's phone call, but I like how he can assume that his DM would reject your phone call out of the many that he returns.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread May 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
IHBB GOD

Keep them coming Chris!
The top Poster!
Unread May 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
IHBB GOD

this is great, why do people find it hard to believe you got bad customer service? It happens anywhere...
It just happened to me at Best Buy...
Unread May 5th, 2009, 06:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Happens all the time at Wal-Mart
The top Poster!
Unread May 5th, 2009, 07:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
My Reply:

I agree with you about the cussing, but at that point he wasn't going to do anything anyways.

But what is SO comical about your letter is:

As for the district manager, you have no idea how busy they are and how many "I need you to call this customer" calls they get.

Customer service really must suck for you guys to get that many requests. I worked retail and my DM was never too "busy" to call customers that were upset. I guess we didn't get SO MANY that it was a full time job for him...

-Chris
idiots....its the DM's job to call customer's back. they have a 24 hour window to resolve customer complaints or it gets escalated to the Regional Assistant and forward......no GOOD DM would let that happen.
Unread May 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Actually i think a good DM would probably have the SM correct the issue and make contact unless the complaint was on the SM.

The SM is responsible for their store and needs to manage the process and ensure it the issue doesnt happen again. Direct contact helps with that process.
Unread May 6th, 2009, 07:30 PM
IHBB GOD

for the most part mine does. The way it works now, is customer service handles all policy issues, and hands the rest down to DM's. For instance, if someone is bitching about having to have a credit/debit card to rent a game, customer service handles that. But if the associate says "fuck you very much" to said customer on the way out...that goes to the DM.

and half the time, they don't want to talk to the SM anyway.
Unread May 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM
IHBB Freak

No one ever does. SM's don't know how to do their jobs, everyone knows that.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread May 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

I'm sure to an extent J.W. may agree with you.