I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Announcements, Letters and Classic Threads > Announcements

View Poll Results: What should I do with this place?
I don't care, you are a cry baby, shut it down for all I care 3 6.52%
Keep it just as it is (closed registrations) 6 13.04%
Keep it the same, but re-open registrations 18 39.13%
Bring back premium, I want to support the site 17 36.96%
Bring back premium, (I will pay) if their is an adult forum! 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Unread June 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

IHBB Future?

Please vote...
Unread June 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
IHBB GOD

I will help support, bring back premium, and reopen registration ,
Please Chris!!!

Oh , orbit, you know you still want it open. Were else can you voice your opinion about BBI?
The top Poster!
Unread June 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM
IHBB Freak

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to bitch and complain (in an entertaining way, of course)

I want premium toooo!
Unread June 21st, 2010, 02:05 AM

I seriously dont care anymore if this site is still up. In a year or so BBV will be the new circuit city. so why continue this forum, sure for the friends but thats what AIM or MSN is for

While the concept behind it was great, it goes to show not many have balls to stand up to BBV( myself included as at the time I chose not to go through their bullshit investigation) But if some just stand their ground and end up being terminated, then you have a good case( TAKE IT FROM MY experience)

Like the a thread which involved a "creeper"( now I am not attacking the poster, cause I know he was seeking advice. But when a drunk man says to your female workers he likes rape scenes..call the damn police. Especially if he creeps out female SL alone during morning shifts. Safety should come first before profit.
If those assholes from the company say you are wrong. Then you have grounds to go after them, cause you are protecting your workers. In the end you become the right man

Which reminds me of Blockbuster store from the company, or whatever his fucking name was that came to this site. Saying good things was changing and tried to make the company look compassionate. Then you call me wrong for calling out his bullshit? please

They have gone after an ASM cause she didnt show up for work when her mother had a stroke.

They fired a SL cause he went to threw out a customer after an attack on a female CSR

and the list goes on. But of couse BBV most cases sides with the customers...and we sit on here talking about random crap

I say change things and start doing crap, make them realize that they fucked with the wrong bull... cause if this doesnt happen. It will keep going till their demise and many more good people will be thrown out like yesterdays trash

now i am sure some of you will slander or make fun but seriously i dont care... in your heart you know I am right.
Unread June 21st, 2010, 06:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
I seriously dont care anymore if this site is still up. In a year or so BBV will be the new circuit city. so why continue this forum, sure for the friends but thats what AIM or MSN is for

While the concept behind it was great, it goes to show not many have balls to stand up to BBV( myself included as at the time I chose not to go through their bullshit investigation) But if some just stand their ground and end up being terminated, then you have a good case( TAKE IT FROM MY experience)

Like the a thread which involved a "creeper"( now I am not attacking the poster, cause I know he was seeking advice. But when a drunk man says to your female workers he likes rape scenes..call the damn police. Especially if he creeps out female SL alone during morning shifts. Safety should come first before profit.
If those assholes from the company say you are wrong. Then you have grounds to go after them, cause you are protecting your workers. In the end you become the right man

Which reminds me of Blockbuster store from the company, or whatever his fucking name was that came to this site. Saying good things was changing and tried to make the company look compassionate. Then you call me wrong for calling out his bullshit? please

They have gone after an ASM cause she didnt show up for work when her mother had a stroke.

They fired a SL cause he went to threw out a customer after an attack on a female CSR

and the list goes on. But of couse BBV most cases sides with the customers...and we sit on here talking about random crap

I say change things and start doing crap, make them realize that they fucked with the wrong bull... cause if this doesnt happen. It will keep going till their demise and many more good people will be thrown out like yesterdays trash

now i am sure some of you will slander or make fun but seriously i dont care... in your heart you know I am right.
But this is why we need the site, although it's mostly employees here, it has been a great place for advice and to vent. Yes BBI is fucked up but that's why Chris started this site. A majority of spam here has gone and a lot of info has been posted from just the few who are still here. But we need more input, open the registration and allow those of us to help pay for the site to do so. Besides were else would you be able to spill your thoughts ?
The top Poster!
Unread June 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
But this is why we need the site, although it's mostly employees here, it has been a great place for advice and to vent. Yes BBI is fucked up but that's why Chris started this site. A majority of spam here has gone and a lot of info has been posted from just the few who are still here. But we need more input, open the registration and allow those of us to help pay for the site to do so. Besides were else would you be able to spill your thoughts ?
Very true I may not post alot, but I like that this place is full of info, for the common worker. I every now and then when I do post. It feels good to let the steam go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreen-Akrore For This Useful Post:
zooworker (June 21st, 2010)
Unread June 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
IHBB Freak

My continued sanity relies in no small part to the existence of this board. Until BB shutters up it's last store, we need this.
Unread June 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
IHBB Freak

Accidentally, it seems, this site has become a sort of unofficial repository for those of us still under Blockbuster's continued employment. For us ex-employees, it gives us a place to vent. And for the haters, well, I suppose that was the reason this site began.

I know there are good Blockbusters out there. My store was one of them, and I continue to wish every single one of my former coworkers well. Their store is doing as well as can be, and I hope it stays open for them.

As a COMPANY, the whole seems to be sinking. It's easy to buy into the indoctrination when your livelihood depends on it and you want to stay optimistic when the boat's leaking, but when you're on the outside looking in, it's quite different. Netflix and Redbox have a royal flush to Keye's two pair, and he's bluffing like he's got the winning hand. I had tunnel vision, because MY store was doing well. But then, my COMPANY was not. The numbers just don't support it. Netflix and Redbox are gaining money. BBV is losing it. Why continue to be optimistic?

So, in the end, BBV is drawing more and more detractors and more employees and ex-employees against it. I suggest the site reopen registrations and, best case scenario, BBV sees that the numbers stack against them. Maybe it'll inspire them to finally take a down-to-earth suggestion (doubtful), or fire all of them and suddenly find themselves short some humans to run the store. That way, if Keyes is killing the business on purpose, well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (June 22nd, 2010), zooworker (June 21st, 2010)
Unread June 22nd, 2010, 04:49 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Netflix and Redbox have a royal flush to Keye's two pair, and he's bluffing like he's got the winning hand...
Two pair is being overly generous. The way Keyes runs the company, a more appropriate analogy for the hand he holds would be a 4 of clubs, a Draw Four, Boardwalk, one black checker, and the letter Q from Scrabble.
AbandonedDreams (March 9th, 2011), BUYMECAR (June 22nd, 2010), HelloItsMeMOM (July 2nd, 2010), Woodstock (June 22nd, 2010)
Unread June 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
IHBB GOD

honestly, i do understand that it is ultimately your choice, Chris. if it's come to the point where you are no longer interested in administrating/running the site, then put it up for sale/auction. i know i'd be one of the perhaps few people who would take part in it.

so while i do hope the forum board stays around, my biggest concern is that you don't feel pressured by us.

afterall, we're just lousy Blockbuster grunts =D