I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread April 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM

My store happens to be in a very Christian-heavy town. While I don't disclose my religous views to customers, I'm a very firm agnostic (NOT looking to spark a debate on IHBB). Two christmas' ago, I was working the night of the 24th. My CSR was all decked out in his santa hat, giving out candycanes to anyone who wanted one, etc. Well, one of my customers happened to ask me if it bothered me if I was working Christmas Eve. I hold her 'no', and when she asked why not, I simply told her I knew I'd be working holidays when I accepted the job. She then proceeded to tell me that my being a Christian should have precluded my taking the job; at which point I told her that I'm not religious. She said nothing more to me at the time, and left. Lady came back like 20 minutes later....with about 10 more carolers. They sang 3 or 4 VERY religious Christmas songs, and then proceeded to give me a pocket bible and a 'personal invititation' to Christmas Day service at their church. Now I just don't talk to customers on Christmas. Period.
Unread April 10th, 2007, 11:26 AM
IHBB GOD

WHy do people have to ask us does it bother us working on holidays? IF WE DIDN"T YOU ASSHATS WOULDN"T BE HERE!!!!!!!
The top Poster!
Unread April 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_3164 View Post
My store happens to be in a very Christian-heavy town. While I don't disclose my religous views to customers, I'm a very firm agnostic (NOT looking to spark a debate on IHBB). Two christmas' ago, I was working the night of the 24th. My CSR was all decked out in his santa hat, giving out candycanes to anyone who wanted one, etc. Well, one of my customers happened to ask me if it bothered me if I was working Christmas Eve. I hold her 'no', and when she asked why not, I simply told her I knew I'd be working holidays when I accepted the job. She then proceeded to tell me that my being a Christian should have precluded my taking the job; at which point I told her that I'm not religious. She said nothing more to me at the time, and left. Lady came back like 20 minutes later....with about 10 more carolers. They sang 3 or 4 VERY religious Christmas songs, and then proceeded to give me a pocket bible and a 'personal invititation' to Christmas Day service at their church. Now I just don't talk to customers on Christmas. Period.
Yeah I realized it was a retarded thing to tell people at work about religious views when this woman asked me about what movie I'd suggest that would make her cry. I said the five people you meet in heaven, because it had me in tears, and to this day I'm really still wondering why. She asked me if I was catholic, I said no, I was raised catholic but am now atheist. She told me I wasn't, and that I would be back as a catholic soon. We had a decent argument but that's the last time I tell any customers my opinions.

edit: Also I find it funny that she said it was a very 'teenager view' to think that people are inherently good. The fuck it is, most of my friends I know very seriously think that people are a waste of time.
Unread April 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to moonprism Send a message via MSN to moonprism Send a message via Yahoo to moonprism
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_3164 View Post
Yes, it's not okay to WORK during the holidays, but it's perfectly all right to SHOP at the places where the pagans and witches do work. After all, since Christmas starts in August anymore, might as well get some... well, it can't be last minute since it's the day of, but... current minute shopping, cause that's what the holiday's all about, isn't it?

"One time, I applied for a job renting movies to people and ended up getting hired to be a sales person."
-penguinmike
Unread April 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to moonprism Send a message via MSN to moonprism Send a message via Yahoo to moonprism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Angel View Post
STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Ok, sorry.
Think the Condemned will fare well? Even if it is a rip-off of Battle Royale, it does look interesting. And Vinnie Jones in anything is worth watching.

"One time, I applied for a job renting movies to people and ended up getting hired to be a sales person."
-penguinmike
Unread April 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

Feel free to start part 3

Locking this one up as it's over 2000 posts...feel free to start part 3