I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Go Keys Go

Blockbuster Executives Depart
9 May, 2011 By: Erik Gruenwedel

Blockbuster’s executive team has been let go, including CEO Jim Keyes, who resigned his position as chairman of the board May 6, according to a regulatory filing.

Keyes, a former CEO of Southland Corp. (7-Eleven) who came out of retirement in 2007 to rejuvenate Blockbuster with a store-based multiplatform distribution platform, joined other departing executives EVP and CFO Dennis McGill, SVP of digital media Kevin Lewis and Rod McDonald, SVP, secretary and general counsel. BBStoreMgr112233 remains in Blockbuster Hell.

Dish Network Corp. terminated the executives April 26 following consummation of its $320 million acquisition of Blockbuster.

In addition, Blockbuster LLC May 3 promoted Bruce Lewis to CFO. Lewis has been SVP and principal accounting officer with Blockbuster since September 2004. He also is the company’s controller.

Lewis joined Blockbuster in 2001 and has performed numerous duties, including treasurer, VP of internal controls, international controller and tax director.

Dish previously named long-time executive Michael Kelly president of Blockbuster.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JustTheFacts For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (May 9th, 2011), Flantanella (May 10th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 9th, 2011), Hot Head (May 9th, 2011), itirnitii (May 9th, 2011), johnlow71 (May 10th, 2011), muthaflippin (May 9th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheFacts View Post
Blockbuster Executives Depart
9 May, 2011 By: Erik Gruenwedel

Blockbuster’s executive team has been let go, including CEO Jim Keyes, who resigned his position as chairman of the board May 6, according to a regulatory filing.

Keyes, a former CEO of Southland Corp. (7-Eleven) who came out of retirement in 2007 to rejuvenate Blockbuster with a store-based multiplatform distribution platform, joined other departing executives EVP and CFO Dennis McGill, SVP of digital media Kevin Lewis and Rod McDonald, SVP, secretary and general counsel. BBStoreMgr112233 remains in Blockbuster Hell.

Dish Network Corp. terminated the executives April 26 following consummation of its $320 million acquisition of Blockbuster.

In addition, Blockbuster LLC May 3 promoted Bruce Lewis to CFO. Lewis has been SVP and principal accounting officer with Blockbuster since September 2004. He also is the company’s controller.

Lewis joined Blockbuster in 2001 and has performed numerous duties, including treasurer, VP of internal controls, international controller and tax director.

Dish previously named long-time executive Michael Kelly president of Blockbuster.
ha

BBStoreMgr112233 remains in Blockbuster Hell.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (May 10th, 2011), muthaflippin (May 9th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 04:53 PM
IHBB GOD

That is why I had to change my avatar.
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 05:11 PM

Did he take his pickles??? lol
Unread May 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM

About. Fucking. Time.

Blockbuster is now finally poised to maybe become worth something, although a longshot. It's still a dinosaur in entertainment, but at least a smaller more manageable dinosaur that has been lobotomized. If the stores can revolutionize into something viable if DISH puts the necessary funds into it, there is still a chance. If it's "business as usual" it'll be lights out.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (May 9th, 2011), johnlow71 (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 05:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
About. Fucking. Time.

Blockbuster is now finally poised to maybe become worth something, although a longshot. It's still a dinosaur in entertainment, but at least a smaller more manageable dinosaur that has been lobotomized. If the stores can revolutionize into something viable if DISH puts the necessary funds into it, there is still a chance. If it's "business as usual" it'll be lights out.
It will always be business as usual + satellites bundles

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM

I guess Dish didn't waste much time getting rid of all the executives(at least the higher profile ones). It also seems like they are quickly closing deals with different studios and will be looking a changing the rental terms in the near future, the thinking is that if they can get more favorable revenue sharing deals they can in turn lower the cost of rentals for the customers.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Do you think the satellites will work better now? I like having cc machines on Friday and sat nights.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe 09 View Post
Did he take his pickles??? lol
Right up the pooper.
Unread May 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM

"Keyes, a former CEO of Southland Corp. (7-Eleven) who came out of retirement in 2007 to rejuvenate Blockbuster..."

Way to rejuvenate Jimmy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (May 10th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 9th, 2011)