I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 24th, 2009, 02:47 PM

The UK stores are not a franchise. None whatsoever.

BBUK is seperate to BBUS.
BB Europe as far as I'm aware falls under the same umbrella as BBUK. We share the same 'CEO', though both have their own Operations Director etc. etc.

As I said, from what I've read, only some of BBUS debt is secured against other areas of the business.

I don't really think anyone in BBUK needs to start worrying yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBukAM For This Useful Post:
Little_Miss_Csr (May 30th, 2009)
Unread May 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM

I'm not worried its just getting ridiculous at our store everythings falling apart- I mean to the point its gonna risk employees health & safety soon the counter,drawers, doors are falling apart. I cant even see in our store room anymore cause all the lights have blown and nobody will come out and replace them! Our cctv is now useless, fuzzy only works when it feels like it & 2/3rds of our store lights are out or flickering & making buzzing noises. I'm Pretty sure I'll be working by candlelight soon! And dm wont let us have anyone in store to come fix this stuff but he was happy to disperse £££ for food fuel when he had a meeting there!
Unread May 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Miss_Csr View Post
I'm not worried its just getting ridiculous at our store everythings falling apart- I mean to the point its gonna risk employees health & safety soon the counter,drawers, doors are falling apart. I cant even see in our store room anymore cause all the lights have blown and nobody will come out and replace them! Our cctv is now useless, fuzzy only works when it feels like it & 2/3rds of our store lights are out or flickering & making buzzing noises. I'm Pretty sure I'll be working by candlelight soon! And dm wont let us have anyone in store to come fix this stuff but he was happy to disperse £££ for food fuel when he had a meeting there!
You should have the phone number to the employee helpline somewhere easily visible to employees. Call them, it's a US number but you reverse the charges and then give whatever name you want to. (Mrs. Blockbuster is the suggested one) You should report those issues. At the end of the day your DM might want to scrimp on these costs to secure his bonus/has noticed the district figures are low ect... but having no lights is legally a health and safety issue, as is having to many lights out on the shop floor. As soon as risk management hears about that stuff they'll FORCE the repairs to be actioned to avoid a lawsuite from either staff or customers. I'm fairly certain they wont be too chuffed about having no CCTV coverage either.
Unread May 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Miss_Csr View Post
I hate to say it, but this is normal. Maintenence is 'stacking' jobs at the moment. Until you have, say, five issues, none will get solved. We lost 1/2 of our lighting--concept store so replacements are more expensive--and our CCTV hasn't worked for months. You just have to get on with it. It's not even down to the DM, it goes further than that. You have to grit and bear it.