I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM
IHBB GOD

do you have a link to that page, cant find exact page?
Unread December 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM

I don't agree with being open on Xmas, but wasn't it a question on your application when you applied? If so and you clicked yes you can work holidays, I don't see any issues. Also I been working all day and the store been packed. We should of actually just sold these fucking batteries insted of giving them away for free. People are coming in looking for them and wheen I tell them their free they look at me like I got 3 heads.
The Following User Says Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (December 26th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
There were a lot more comments on those threads (on fb) the other day but bb has deleted them. Thursday it was at about 90 comments, next morning down to 60 something. The ones they deleted were about store closings.
You're totally right! How weird. There are some still there, but a lot are gone, although replies to some are still there, making people look crazy. Haha. I wonder how they chose which ones to delete? There are still a lot of negative ones.

It's kind of sad to read all the "Thanks for telling me I'm out of a job on Christmas!" posts... but it's almost sadder to think that anyone could be surprised by the news.
D Money (December 26th, 2011), inkedangel (December 25th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM

This is their fb link: http://www.facebook.com/blockbuster
Hot Head (December 25th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Seems like Facebook has trolls for Blockbuster

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (December 25th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Seems like Facebook has trolls for Blockbuster
That they definately do. They don't seem to respond to customers at all but they sure do have time to go and delete comments. I keep waiting for the "social network" memo to come through again since there has been so many employees commenting on their page, not just about store closings either. At this rate won't be long. Our district didn't have to sign anything just had to read it when they put it out last time. Let's see how they crack down on it now lol.
Hot Head (December 25th, 2011)
Unread December 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Hahaha me too!
Unread December 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
There were a lot more comments on those threads (on fb) the other day but bb has deleted them. Thursday it was at about 90 comments, next morning down to 60 something. The ones they deleted were about store closings.
Apparently they don't like people telling the truth.

Or they just don't want to encourage people to steal more than they already are.

The last manager I knew who worked at a closing store told me that the DM and his boss ran the inventory reports on their last day of closing, and after printing off the reports, threw them ALL in the TRASH without even looking at them at all. They didn't look to see if anything was missing, or gave a shit if something was missing. My friend said if he knew they would have done that, he would have taken A LOT MORE.
Unread December 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM

Funny reading on that facebook page I would have to guess that a certain poster on there found out their store was closing judging from the comments on every single post. Truth is, though, his comments are pretty accurate! His prediction that all stores will be closed soon is probably not much of a stretch. My advice is the same as his, if you are still with the company, get out as fast as you can!
Unread December 26th, 2011, 09:52 PM
IHBB Freak

Talked to the manager of a closing store today. They are NOT telling customers about it yet, and the entire staff is operating under the assumption that their store is closing "not because of the company but because of the landlord" and that their store will be moving to a vacant building nearby.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that apparently a lot of Blockbusters out there have shitty landlords just booting people left and right! And that the "moving down the block" story is being told by DMs to keep internal theft and walkouts controlled.
inkedangel (December 27th, 2011)