I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 2nd, 2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
If losing our jobs and being harassed about online signups everyday, now they back to the old e-mail acquisitions! This time they're so desperate they've figured a way for us to capture non-members.
I've done that before, just pops up a prompt on every account. That didn't send out a online sign up for them though, just put their email in the data base and got them five bucks off for giving their email. I don't like this time around, it's going to affect how sign ups go in store if they are sending those out, we have people leave to "think about it" then they come back and sign up. If they get it at home they won't be back in, store won't get credit, you won't get the five bucks for the sign up.
Unread February 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM

I didn't think we were getting money this time round.
Unread February 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Wouldnt that be an un-surprising turn of events?
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 2nd, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (February 5th, 2012)
Unread February 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
They could take out a bank loan to pay us
Unread February 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM

LOL Are we not getting paid again, Damn them! lol.
Unread February 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM

just sign em up for the free 3 months and if they don't want that then fuk em. Why would you take the time to get their email address if you can't get them to sign up for the TA? Your store is closing -- make your $$ while you can. Testicles. That is all.
The Following User Says Thank You to D Money For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (February 3rd, 2012)
Unread February 3rd, 2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Money View Post
just sign em up for the free 3 months and if they don't want that then fuk em. Why would you take the time to get their email address if you can't get them to sign up for the TA? Your store is closing -- make your $$ while you can. Testicles. That is all.
I'm not taking the time at all-if they buy something or return their rental and their account already has an email-the barcode gets scanned. I haven't asked 1 person for their e-mail and don't plan on starting now. I also haven't talked to 1 single customer about online all week either. It was an easier conversation when they came in and found out we were closing and then we either talked up TA or transfering their pass but now the majority of peeps coming in are vulchers looking to pick our bones dry. Complaining about how the movies were cheaper last week before we started liquidation. The majority of them need to save the money their spending on these dvds and spent it at the dentist...just saying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
D Money (February 3rd, 2012)
Unread February 3rd, 2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Actually, they got rid of a lot of the dm's and there was only 11 rdo's to begin with, there is now 7 rdos left, which are now called territory directors. The dm's that were kept, are watching over the closing stores until they close, then they too will move on. Leaving only about 35 out of 111 dm's to be having about 25-30 stores each.
I could probably guess that the 4 RDO's that were let go were probably the best 4 in the company! Why they even waste money on this position is a mystery to me. In all my years with the company I worked under about 10 different RDO's in various parts of the country, and at least 8 of them were complete jerks with zero people skills who ruled by intimidation and threats. If that position were eliminated it would do more to boost employee morale than any one thing the company could do.
Unread February 3rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
IHBB GOD

I never met an RDO who has people skills, all they do is go around and bitch , no matter what you store looks like. In a past job during an RDO inspection he found dust on my back room computer (which is on the floor) Claimed he would never let anyone have a perfect score.
The top Poster!
Unread February 3rd, 2012, 03:11 PM
IHBB Freak

My RDO got canned awhile back. The fact that I outlasted that miserable, evil man makes everything else that's happened not quite so bad.

Last edited by Propoxy; February 5th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.