I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 29th, 2010, 01:17 AM
IHBB Freak

Yup, straight and to the point.

"We'll finish up the 3.24 from last times movies and get these 3 new ones today. Your total is $18. Pay up bitch!"
Unread December 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
I like to take this a step further, like so:

Me: Hi there, do you have your membership card?
Customer: Here you go.
Me: Pay up bitch! Oh, and I added a candy bundle to your total. Suck on that.
Here take this one step further....

Me: You have an ID or Membership?
Customer: Here you go.
Me: (say out loud) Deep Throat and Debbie does Dallas alright anything else? Oh, I added a candy bundle to your total, I also added a rewards program, a movie pass, a snuggie, a Playstation 3, (Que drum roll) aaaaaannnnnnnndddd I'm going to sign you up for the total access program! Pay up bitch!
Unread December 29th, 2010, 11:57 AM

You forgot the pickel and the heel cream!
Unread January 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
Corporate really needs to listen to their customers here is a review I found about BBV.

Source: http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...o.972-540-6468

Worst costumer service ever. The managers are shady at best-when not outside smoking constantly. The managers are rude & unprofessional. They can also always be overheard yelling at their employees to push sales & up sell. (We do not like being harassed for your sales quotas!!!) They also go on about personal problems/exes/kids/other employees or flat out mock other customers once they leave! Plus when there is a problem- the managers are mostly hiding out in the back & aren't very much help when they do manage to come up. One guy was even in the bathroom for ten minutes while we waited, then the big lug came over & tried to bullshit us about renting a ps3 game, which we owed charges on. (we don't own game consoles or rent games) as it turns out-they don't always check ID so if someone has your name or something like it-they don't check cards-just go by names! So they had allowed someone else to rent on our account. Just avoid this place. Go team Netflix!
Ok, normally I am all over hating Corporate Blockbuster but how do you think Corporate would respond to this? I've worked with people like this through my years...I think I've witnessed everything described in this complaint. And just because there are people like that who work for BBV doesn't mean Corporate is jizzing themselves over having them on board. A lot of times they get rid of those type of people...and quick.

And I am certain the DM received this complaint and is reviewing the staff in that store right now.
Unread January 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
IHBB Freak

Huh. Our store doesn't provide costumer service. A coworker does do hair in her free time, though.
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Huh. Our store doesn't provide costumer service. A coworker does do hair in her free time, though.
Sounds like you got an over achiever on your hands

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (January 3rd, 2011)
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM

One reason I like having updated credit cards on file is so that months later they don't come in & get surprised by an old balance. Haven't really thought about how much that has helped avoiding arguments. Then again the autocharge process starts arguments too. And the whole renting to people without ID's or just renting to someone cause their address on their ID matches what is on the members account really pisses me off. Because when they come to me & I tell them sorry you need an ID or sorry you are not authorized then I look like the bad guy. This was a problem I inherited from the past SM. I think we are 100% fixed by now.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra View Post
One reason I like having updated credit cards on file is so that months later they don't come in & get surprised by an old balance. Haven't really thought about how much that has helped avoiding arguments. Then again the autocharge process starts arguments too. And the whole renting to people without ID's or just renting to someone cause their address on their ID matches what is on the members account really pisses me off. Because when they come to me & I tell them sorry you need an ID or sorry you are not authorized then I look like the bad guy. This was a problem I inherited from the past SM. I think we are 100% fixed by now.
Well you can always use this way.

you: woah! your parents have rules (or notes) on the account asking for ID. If you don't have any you ID on you, just call your parents.

if they get mad, they just put the blame on their parents lol. Works every time
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM

The only way I like renting is to have the main account holder there or a secondary renter identified or if I know them or my coworkers know the renter. I really don't like renting to anyone else that is not listed on the account I usually say to people "well you can open your own account or get one of the main renters up here and they can clear you to rent on this account". If they tell me that they can call the main renter to get cleared I like to say "I don't take calls because you never know who your speaking to sorry they need to be physically up here for you to rent". Here is why I have rented games to people who have given me the "lets call them" thing only to have the person on the other end of the line is someone that is impersonating the main account holder. So they get the games and never return them leading to the main account holder having to end up dealing with the problems.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
IHBB Freak

I could post a well thought out response but as most of my thoughts ended today, "it doesn't matter anyway! we're closing! *throwing hands up in the air*"
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja For This Useful Post:
Propoxy (January 3rd, 2011)