I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread July 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
IHBB GOD

Blockbuster to operate more than 1,500 Stores

More than 15,000 Jobs Saved Nationwide

MCKINNEY, Texas, July 21, 2011 – Blockbuster L.L.C. announced today it has assumed contracts with property owners nationwide and will maintain operations of more than 1,500 U.S. Blockbuster stores that would have closed under liquidation, as approved in a New York bankruptcy court this week. Blockbuster also will retain more than 15,000 store employees.

“We’re pleased that we will continue to operate more than 90 percent of the stores that were offered at auction in April,” said Michael Kelly, president of Blockbuster. “By lowering pricing and offering competitive summer promotions, we’ve brought millions of customers back into Blockbuster stores in the last three months to experience the best in convenience, choice and value. Today, more than 100 million people live near a Blockbuster store.”

“Unfortunately, despite our efforts to reach reasonable terms, some property owners have closed stores,” Kelly added. “However, we’ll continue to look for opportunities for physical distribution in these neighborhoods as we expand our in-store experience, unmatched for movies and family entertainment.”

Blockbuster recently rolled out an improved Blockbuster Total Access package, which provides benefits Netflix® doesn’t offer: availability of many new releases 28 days before Netflix; unlimited in-store exchanges; games for XBOX 360®, Playstation3™, and Nintendo Wii™, and no additional charge for Blu-ray™ movies.

On April 26, substantially all of the assets of Blockbuster, Inc., were sold to DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) in a bankruptcy auction, averting any sale to liquidators.

Follow Blockbuster on Twitter (http://twitter.com/blockbuster) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/blockbusterinc) for exciting deals or visit www.blockbuster.com/helloblockbuster to make the switch to Blockbuster Total Access.
Unread July 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM

its funny cause july 22 they close down my friends store in Oklahoma city
122 and may store#40046
Unread July 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkstick View Post
its funny cause july 22 they close down my friends store in Oklahoma city
122 and may store#40046
With Blockbuster you just never know. I really doubt that dish plans to keep more stores open. More like a load of BS to keep people working for them till the end
Unread July 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
There are 2 stores open in my state. Just sayin'.
Unread July 28th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post

More than 15,000 Jobs Saved Nationwide

MCKINNEY, Texas, July 21, 2011 – Blockbuster L.L.C. announced today it has assumed contracts with property owners nationwide and will maintain operations of more than 1,500 U.S. Blockbuster stores that would have closed under liquidation, as approved in a New York bankruptcy court this week. Blockbuster also will retain more than 15,000 store employees.

“We’re pleased that we will continue to operate more than 90 percent of the stores that were offered at auction in April,” said Michael Kelly, president of Blockbuster. “By lowering pricing and offering competitive summer promotions, we’ve brought millions of customers back into Blockbuster stores in the last three months to experience the best in convenience, choice and value. Today, more than 100 million people live near a Blockbuster store.”

“Unfortunately, despite our efforts to reach reasonable terms, some property owners have closed stores,” Kelly added. “However, we’ll continue to look for opportunities for physical distribution in these neighborhoods as we expand our in-store experience, unmatched for movies and family entertainment.”

Blockbuster recently rolled out an improved Blockbuster Total Access package, which provides benefits Netflix® doesn’t offer: availability of many new releases 28 days before Netflix; unlimited in-store exchanges; games for XBOX 360®, Playstation3™, and Nintendo Wii™, and no additional charge for Blu-ray™ movies.

On April 26, substantially all of the assets of Blockbuster, Inc., were sold to DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) in a bankruptcy auction, averting any sale to liquidators.

Follow Blockbuster on Twitter (http://twitter.com/blockbuster) and Facebook (http://facebook.com/blockbusterinc) for exciting deals or visit www.blockbuster.com/helloblockbuster to make the switch to Blockbuster Total Access.
Dish can eat me.
The Following User Says Thank You to muthaflippin For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 29th, 2011)
Unread July 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM

This is a joke Dish is full of it this is just a media cover to sugar coat there problems
Unread August 1st, 2011, 11:03 PM

I've heard "Blockbuster to operate more than 3,000 stores" not to long ago.
Unread August 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM

One of my friends said to me "Oh, I saw where you (Blockbuster) got bought out by Dish and they saved 15,000 jobs" so some people are buying into it......
Unread August 2nd, 2011, 08:29 PM

The most important thing here is that The Ticket magazine was saved. My store would fold in on itself like a retarded Transformer until it ceased to exist without this crucial publication. That's 5-7 pages of pure gold every month.
Unread August 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM

Solid gold!