I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 18th, 2011, 04:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Is that the day when all stores close down!?

By the new stores that are opening will NOT have BSI They are changing up the lay out. New stores will be like Gamestop too! more information on the way too

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM

My store rents a TON of BSI-it is an easy way to make money since those titles were paid for long ago-that is when we're not giving out .99 coupons to every single customer....
Unread September 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Bidding on Hulu and yet too cheap to do direct mailing or media advertising.
Unread September 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Which means they will mess up my tv series watching on hulu dammit.......
Baby Firefly (September 20th, 2011)
Unread September 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Which means they will mess up my tv series watching on hulu dammit.......
yep, already headed that way. I missed the Glee premiere last night because I was thinking 8pm central not eastern. Went to watch it this morning and saw it won't be available for 8 days from air date, putting it on the day *AFTER* next week's episode. Went to Fox's website to see if I could watch it there and you *could* watch it if you logged in with your satellite/cable service account. The one and only single provider that is supported for this 'free' feature...? Dish Network. Looks like they're already in bed with Fox to offer "exclusive" time release content. How long before the other major networks follow suit? If they haven't already of course.

First Blockbuster fucked over the rest of the market in rentable home entertainment through VHS, DVD, etc. Now Dish is following suit by attempting to monopolize the market in what should be free television content available to anyone with a tv set. I'm not even talking about cable shows or premium subscription type services. Just Basic Network television.

My only solace is in thinking that hopefully Dish will have eyes bigger than their stomach the same way Blockbuster did a few years ago, overextend themselves to the breaking point and go belly up, Only to be bought out by some up and coming young upstart of a corporation we've not even heard of yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
D Money (September 25th, 2011)
Unread September 22nd, 2011, 04:32 AM

Never had to deal with that issue cause my teens dvr Glee. Last summer my cable provider had NBC shows on VOD so I go to see which ones and they want $1.00 per episode...Right..I paid Amazon last season to watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy that my dvr accidentally erased (and FX had already taken off their site) but it seems wrong to pay to watch Community...
Unread September 23rd, 2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoma View Post
yep, already headed that way. I missed the Glee premiere last night because I was thinking 8pm central not eastern. Went to watch it this morning and saw it won't be available for 8 days from air date, putting it on the day *AFTER* next week's episode. Went to Fox's website to see if I could watch it there and you *could* watch it if you logged in with your satellite/cable service account. The one and only single provider that is supported for this 'free' feature...? Dish Network. Looks like they're already in bed with Fox to offer "exclusive" time release content. How long before the other major networks follow suit? If they haven't already of course.
You can go to this site and watch it streaming, just make sure your pop-up blocker is working (one or two usually pop up when you hit play, but otherwise the site is great).
http://tubeplus.me/player/1628074/Gl...Piano_Project/
The Following User Says Thank You to KateOTomato For This Useful Post:
psycoma (September 26th, 2011)
Unread September 24th, 2011, 01:36 PM
IHBB GOD

Folks –

Sometimes good news seems to happen all at once, and this week is shaping up to be one of those times. While I can’t share all of the details immediately, I wanted to give you a heads-up on what happened yesterday and what is going on later today. I’ll share more details with you on these exciting events as the information unfolds.

Here’s what’s going on:

1) Yesterday, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg announced that Blockbuster’s movie service, Blockbuster OnDemand, will soon be coming to Facebook! Our application will allow people to rent and watch Blockbuster movies, and share comments about movies, on Facebook. The application will launch when Facebook’s new platform is ready in the coming weeks

2) I’m sure many of you have been following Netflix’s challenges over the past weeks. We’ve made good progress in communicating the value of Blockbuster with our customers in the face of this opportunity, and this evening we’ll take a big step with a NATIONAL TV CAMPAIGN that kicks off to tell people about the Blockbuster Total Access program. In combination with our in-store combo pass, we’re doing our best to get what we suspect to be a huge number of upset Netflix customers to say “Hello Blockbuster.” We’ll share our new commercial with you prior to its world premiere later tonight.

3) This afternoon DISH and Blockbuster will be holding a press conference titled “A Stream Come True” in San Francisco, California, to announce an exciting addition to our combined family of products. I don’t want to spoil the surprise so you’ll need to wait until the event starts to find out more. Suffice it to say, we’re very excited about what we will be able to add to our Blockbuster offering, and to begin to see some very tangible benefits of our combination with DISH.

I look forward to sharing all the news with you in detail soon! Thanks for your continued support and determination.

– Mike Kelly
Unread September 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM

^You were Mike Kelly all along....Well played sir. well played.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheShooter87 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (September 24th, 2011)
Unread September 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
IHBB GOD

lol no but there is a funny story! When I no longer work for blockbuster I'll spill the beans