I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Paragraph #1 = But 99% of "SMART" companies don't take the risk as the incurred cost of lawyers, travel time, filing costs, etc... they would just rather pay you the measly $10 an hour for a few weeks and get it over with.

Paragraph #2 = "and whether or not the company would rehire the person"... wrong... this is the EXACT point where the company "bails"...they WILL NOT DISCUSS IF YOU ARE/ARE NOT HIRE-ABLE. If they do discuss this, well then you work for a very stupid company...oh... um...nevermind.
Hahahababahaha

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Message me your information and the HR number and I will call for you. It would be my pleasure.

MOM

BUT .... on your applications you should put company bankrupt, sold or closed. The BB you worked for no longer exists.
Unread March 25th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Thats what I need is the HR number, I dont mind calling I just don't have the number and have actually been denied it by two stores (said "We dont give that number out to non employees")

I tried the bankrupt thing for one application and the guy interviewing me was like "But Blockbuster is still around" then when I explained the DISH having bought them thing he seemed to think I was hiding something.
Unread March 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosale View Post
Thats what I need is the HR number, I dont mind calling I just don't have the number and have actually been denied it by two stores (said "We dont give that number out to non employees")

I tried the bankrupt thing for one application and the guy interviewing me was like "But Blockbuster is still around" then when I explained the DISH having bought them thing he seemed to think I was hiding something.
Yes you were hiding something.....his brain.....

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 26th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Well that guy is a fucking moron. Blockbuster is hardly around anymore, even stores in major cities are closing. I was at one in NYC and it had prime location..yet they had the magical sign. technically they are right, you cant be rehired because "dude where are the stores?"

There are a few things you can put on your application to avert the thought of he is hiding something. Been only a few times I been asked how you left Blockbuster, always came up with a bs reasoj

1) The store you worked at closed down and the only store accepting transfers was too far for you to drive everyday.

2) If you did good by your SM, you can ask him or her since you may still have their cell. If you can use them as a blockbuster reference. This eliminates the calling the useless sack of shits at HR.(Which I am shocked still exists). I did it many times on two SM's I used to work for

3) Say you went back to school and needed to focus on your school work

Last I would wonder what companies would care about Blockbuster experience. I interviewed for Best buy. They didnt seem to give a rat ass about calling cockbuster
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Autosale (March 26th, 2012)
Unread March 26th, 2012, 06:38 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
Well that guy is a fucking moron. Blockbuster is hardly around anymore, even stores in major cities are closing. I was at one in NYC and it had prime location..yet they had the magical sign. technically they are right, you cant be rehired because "dude where are the stores?"

There are a few things you can put on your application to avert the thought of he is hiding something. Been only a few times I been asked how you left Blockbuster, always came up with a bs reasoj

1) The store you worked at closed down and the only store accepting transfers was too far for you to drive everyday.

2) If you did good by your SM, you can ask him or her since you may still have their cell. If you can use them as a blockbuster reference. This eliminates the calling the useless sack of shits at HR.(Which I am shocked still exists). I did it many times on two SM's I used to work for

3) Say you went back to school and needed to focus on your school work

Last I would wonder what companies would care about Blockbuster experience. I interviewed for Best buy. They didnt seem to give a rat ass about calling cockbuster

Best Buy is on the cliff's edge as well.
Unread March 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Best Buy is on the cliff's edge as well.
Proof please??

Unread March 27th, 2012, 04:11 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Proof please??
The internet will give you a wealth of information, but here's a great article to start off with.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydow...ess-gradually/

The most damning stat is that Best Buy has lost market share even with the bankruptcy of their largest brick and mortar competitor, Circuit City. Sound familiar (Movie Gallery)?

For electronics, the margins are too slim and their cost of operations is just too high. If they want to survive, they need to shrink locations and floor space.
Unread March 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM

Yeah if Best Buy doesnt innovate, in a few years they will face the same situation the old BBV was in IMO. Best Buy has an edge though they have Brian Dunn as a CEO, a legit CEO who worked his way up from working in the stores as a Sales Associate and who is a genuine good guy from what i've heard from BBY employees who've had the chance to meet him.
Unread March 27th, 2012, 06:24 AM

External 303-723-1370

toll free 866-395-8083 mon-fri 8-6 mountain time

email HR.benefits@dishnetwork.com
The Following User Says Thank You to katiebell For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (March 27th, 2012)