I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
IHBB GOD

boommm!! sold another friday night crazyyyy during our madden tournament.

got 2 more on the way, our store renewed lease for 1 more year, bitch you just cant get rid of a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

johnlow71 out!
Unread September 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
boommm!! sold another friday night crazyyyy during our madden tournament.

got 2 more on the way, our store renewed lease for 1 more year, bitch you just cant get rid of a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

johnlow71 out!
We got one too man!!
Unread September 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM
IHBB GOD

Nice brother. Get some!
Unread September 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM

"Yippie skippie ... I got a dish sale!!! My life is now complete."

It pains me to see people rotting away their lives for something as trivial as this ... while being paid peanuts vs the amount of pressure placed upon you ... and especially for a company that treats their employees as terrible as this one does.

Keep in mind the hard truth ... the longer you stay employed at this company, the more it hurts you from gaining employment with a professional company and actually forming a career.

People that stay employed at this company for years and years at a time ... it is only hurting your career in the long run. If your career doesn't matter to you, then all I can say is that "it's your life".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
Antithesys (September 1st, 2012), orbitdvd (September 1st, 2012)
Unread September 1st, 2012, 09:51 PM
IHBB GOD

its just a job boss.
Unread September 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
its just a job boss.
For some people, it is something to do and earn a little bit of money while attending college. But make no mistake about it, this can play a big role in whatever career you wish to salvage ... and in a negative way.

I will tell you that if one is staying with this after college, then you are absolutely killing your career. I had to work very hard to pull myself out of the retail rut if I wanted any semblance of a professional career. And fortunately, I have succeeded and am very fortunate to be where I am today.

And you hear how the economy is bad, jobs are scarce, etc. Because there are so many people out of work, the ball is in the hands of the companies, not the job applicants. The time where a job applicant can go into a professional company and think they can sell themselves for a position with experience from "Blockbuster" ... even "managing at Blockbuster" is over. And that is due to the turn the job market is taking, and is not expected to improve any time soon.

Most places can afford to be very picky and choosie with their job applicants. I can tell you that the consulting company I work for mostly now selects those with either Masters Degrees or experience that is somehow relevant to the industry.

Companies can afford to be picky and choosie. Those that look at even part time work as "just a job", you are absolutely killing yourselves in the long run. Because employers want to see actual experience that ties into what career path you are pursuing. If you don't have a career path or aren't thinking of one, you are setting yourself up for failure and it will only hurt your financial status in the long run.

The time to start letting the dynamics of the job market and how selective white collar companies are being with their applicants is yesterday and it needs to be a huge wake up call to anyone still doing this.

Yes, even your part time work can play a difference in playing a role into your future. Rest assured, it most definitely is not "just a job" anymore. Not trying to be negative, but just trying to give a hard dose of reality of the real working world out there. Because it's ugly and if you want any semblance of a career, then you have to do something about it now.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
its_me_ASM69 (September 11th, 2012)
Unread September 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
IHBB Freak

How many Dish sales are you guys averaging per week?
Unread September 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
IHBB GOD

Hey, do you do have some good points you pointed out. I like them but I have to disagree on the
“The time where a job applicant can go into a professional company and think they can sell themselves for a position with experience from "Blockbuster" ... even "managing at Blockbuster" is over”

Blockbuster isn’t what people think these days. You can easily sell this to professional jobs because Blockbuster requires a lot of work and some hard-core organization skills. You have to know lot of information in a short about of time and still be able successful just like any Corporate person. Blockbuster is a great building block. We work shifts there and dealt with many many customers with issue and other stuff. Look at your DKP and see how many customers come in within that 7 day period. I seen 2,750 to 4,000 people and you have a staff of 8 people. Example : 3,000 people / 8 staff = 375 people per person (but depends on the staff’s hours).

Last edited by djblade; September 2nd, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djblade For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (September 29th, 2012), johnlow71 (September 2nd, 2012)
Unread September 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
How many Dish sales are you guys averaging per week?
1-3 per week. The goal is 2 per week or sometimes 1 per week.

The hardest thing to do is get them on the phone and to sign up. Remember, its a 2 year contract.
Unread September 3rd, 2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Sorry, no sympathy for you. At least quit and go out on your own terms.
So...quit and lose out on unemployment? That's sound advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to FZappa For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (September 29th, 2012)