I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread April 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM

LoL...if everything in the store was to be happy...all those remaining slaves working in the stores would be terminated as well...there are not to many happy employees at the store front...

The new BB Plan...One Manager, To Run It All...
Unread April 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
LoL...if everything in the store was to be happy...all those remaining slaves working in the stores would be terminated as well...there are not to many happy employees at the store front...

The new BB Plan...One Manager, To Run It All...
If BBV could they would but there are people within the company that fight for a certain way to run things. There are things BBV could do to downsize the number of CSRs.

1. Combat theft- hold all the high risk cds behind the counter, been inside a gamestop you know what I'm saying. Its nothing but dead boxes theft is the last thing on the minds of gamestop employees, i hate babysitting thieves it's taking up working time.That would be cool to throw away all those useless yellow locks. Theft sucks and BBV is a target and BBV does NOTHING ABOUT IT, well they do something about the games at least. We got told late last year to put the games "live" that shit sucked we had a field day over that $1000s in theft over that no wonder why we are loosing money.

When Notorious gets released that is going to be a field day I already told my SM we are going to have to hold that movie behind the counter.

2. Automated registers- get BBV programmers to dumb down our register system so a customer can run it, movie gallery did it and grocery stores do it too they have 1 person running 4 registers.

Last edited by djsdojo; April 1st, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Unread April 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM
IHBB GOD

stores and SMs already mandate high-risk titles being behind the counter, but very few. trouble is it really hinders the potential of rental AND sales numbers when we do that.

but yeah, it is ridiculous the amount of attention we have to put on theft. it's even worse now that we had to take all our retail dvds out of lock-boxes. all it takes is a quick peeling of the sensor tag and stuffing it in a bag. so now we have to look at fishy behavior, look at customer's clothing for any signs of concealing and constant floor walks through every part of the store.

and the CSR situation hardly effects blockbuster, really. you either get the hours or you don't, it's simple. having more CSRs at a store just means more free rentals, less pre-street availability but much better shift coverage/availability/reliability.
Unread April 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
When we had taken the new releases at high risk and put them on spinals behind the counter and put dead boxes out it worked the thieves had nothing to steal. BUT NOOOOOO!!!!! Loss Prevention told us that this was a "inventory issue" and had to put all movies back out "LIVE". Keeping the movies out "live" and being understaffed is the "real inventory issue" if we had one guy walk the floors then that means only one person to run register all night.
Yes! The inventory issue is the low staff hours and the LIVE product!! My store took a $2500 hit within a few weeks because thieves kept stealing my live retail games!! Then I reported it to LP and they acted like I did something wrong..."Why would you have live games on the floor?"...BECAUSE YOU TOLD US TOO!! THIS WAS AN LP ORDER!!

The are so clueless on how to protect company assets!!!
Unread April 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
IHBB GOD

you actually got an order for live games? i'm sorry, but i don't think i know any SM that would've followed that order.
Unread April 2nd, 2009, 05:45 AM

Yes, I got an order for live games - EVERYTHING WENT LIVE. I fought it tooth and nail! I HATED the idea. No one listened. Not the RDO, DM, LP...nothing mattered!!

...and all this right after an overnight break that cost me most of my game systems that were locked in my cage. So guess what LPs suggestion was, "get it out of the cage, we want nothing live in the cage, lock dead boxes in there and put butcher paper over the sides and doors". So, where did we have to lock the REAL product...don't want to say as anyone can read this, but lets just say it was a really obvious and stupid area...

So, needless to say, everything went live, and yes, my store was in the Ghetto!! Well, for about a week we kept finding games slashed open and the games missing from within the boxes. Turned out, the theives were putting the LIVE game boxes they were slicing open behind the real cover boxes in our rental section! They were slick! By the time we found them all, there was an easy $2500 missing in live product - this doesn't include the controllers and game cards we found cut out of their LIVE boxes as well!!!

After that I pulled ALL my LIVE game product and put it in boxes with the other crap they wanted secured (systems), and told my DM next time listen to me and let me have blu-locks back, as I WILL NOT put another live game out there to have it stolen if I was going to be held accountable for it! That it would sit in boxes unavailable for before I do that again! Because a $35 hit on inventory is much greater than the $10-15 they make on the sale!!

When I left, they were still sitting in the back...

This company is not about solutions...I really think they like hiring idiots to create themselves more problems!!

Last edited by JohnMcClane; April 2nd, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
Unread April 2nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
IHBB Freak

john, are u talking about live new retail games? or PPG games?
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread April 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Live games.

We got a order to put out live games too so we put them in a tub in front of the store. Did this so we can watch the people go through the game tubs if they walked away with a game we took the game from them and held it behind the counter. One thief go away with taking the games to the back of the store, this thief was an idiot, he put the game under his shirt and beeped on the way out. My SM told him to walk back through and put the games back and he bolted out the door. He was a smartmouth prick see what kind of people you have to deal with.

Another time a guy bolted out the door with a tub of games when my SM was working all alone that was around $2,000+ lost.

In 2002 I went to a store meeting, this was when rental games were live, my SM slammed a pile of video game rental covers on the counter "THIS IS HOW MANY VIDEO GAMES HAVE BEEN STOLEN IN THE LAST MONTH!" Another $2,000+ lost.

I'm not a security guard for $7.00 an hour! We don't have the same powers as, ex. Wallmart LP, to detain people.
the funny things is they want to know what we are doing about it to curb it...

they take away labor, they make us put things out live, then tell us it is about floor service, then when we are ripped off demand to know why!
Unread April 3rd, 2009, 05:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
2. Automated registers- get BBV programmers to dumb down our register system so a customer can run it, movie gallery did it and grocery stores do it too they have 1 person running 4 registers.
Somehow I see you as a master of dumb down.

Last edited by BBVcasualposter; April 3rd, 2009 at 05:45 AM.