I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 29th, 2007, 11:05 PM

Security cameras and various other tidbits

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the forums and could not find an answer. Isn't it BB policy that security tapes need to be changed daily and if not, the manager responsible for not changing is faced with termination?? Also wondering what happens when payroll is not closed on Mondays. I was under the assumption that this was to happen EVERY monday morning so payroll knows what to pay us! Please shed some light on a dimly lit and tired SL.
Unread October 30th, 2007, 03:25 AM

We don't have security cameras in our store so can't help with that one.

As for payroll, I was always told it needed to be done by 11am monday morning in order to get processed in time for everyone to get paid. I suspect this is a bit of a fib but if they extended the deadline no doubt many stores would run over and they would have too much to deal with so it's easier to say you have to do it by then and that leaves more time to sort out the few who don't do it in time.
Unread October 30th, 2007, 05:47 AM
IHBB GOD

I'm gonna be doing all my renting at Jack's store from now on.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread October 30th, 2007, 06:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I searched the forums and could not find an answer. Isn't it BB policy that security tapes need to be changed daily and if not, the manager responsible for not changing is faced with termination?? Also wondering what happens when payroll is not closed on Mondays. I was under the assumption that this was to happen EVERY monday morning so payroll knows what to pay us! Please shed some light on a dimly lit and tired SL.
Yes the opening MOD is responsible for the security tape change ever morning. I know mistakes can happen but to actually just not do it over and over is grounds for termination. As far as payroll not being closed sounds like someone doesn't care about the compass. I had one once not do it and it caused our checks to be late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
I'm gonna be doing all my renting at Jack's store from now on.
Me too
The top Poster!
Unread October 30th, 2007, 09:15 AM

As far as the security tapes are concerned, I wish it was just once! Mind you, this is the freaking SM doing this.

To my knowledge, this is the first time that payroll was not closed on a monday morning and I work every monday night and do EOD.
Unread October 30th, 2007, 09:28 AM

As stated earlier, mistakes happen. Unfortunately they happen with some people more often than others. We have one SL who managed to forget to change the tapes about 50% of the time. After the SM refused to write him up for it, I had the DM do a "surprise" visit on him. He got written up and it hasn't happened since.
Unread October 30th, 2007, 01:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Changing the tapes is important, but I can't imagin someone would be fired for forgetting! Damn, our entire management team would be fired from our store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSM View Post
As for payroll, I was always told it needed to be done by 11am monday morning in order to get processed in time for everyone to get paid. I suspect this is a bit of a fib but if they extended the deadline no doubt many stores would run over and they would have too much to deal with so it's easier to say you have to do it by then and that leaves more time to sort out the few who don't do it in time.
You have until 11am* to edit and adjust the time clocks. If you don't post it, everyone is still paid, but you can no longer edit what was on the time clocks as it will have already been processed by the payroll department.

It won't prevent anyone being paid if you don't release it, though. But you still have to release it through the system because it still thinks it's in the previous pay period until the data is posted.

Payroll can still correct mistakes, but you have to call them. I'm sure we've called on Tuesday to correct Monday mistakes before, so I don't think there's a particular danger of anyone not getting paid...

*It may still not be 11am, but there is some deadline for sure.
Unread November 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
IHBB Freak

ok, changing the tapes is on the opening checklist, so if you checked it off then you aren't even reading what you are checking off. Sometimes I forget things, but once I get to that checklist, it reminds me to do them. If someone is consistently not changing the tapes then they are stealing. At my store we had a bunch of games missing at inventory. They were all checked in on the same opening shift by the same employee who just happened to be borrowed from another store. I went to check the tape and it hadn't been changed that day. So the guy purposely didn't change it so he could steal and get away with it since there was no evidence of him taking them.
Unread November 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

I agree with all.

The only addition I could add is payroll should be done every monday, but it wont do as much damage if you forget to do it in the first week of the pay period. Its more pertinent in the 2nd week.
Unread November 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM

Thanks all for the replies. I honestly don't think the security tape issues was an LP issue. I have a young new store manager who has let pretty much everything go...3 days worth of paperwork not being done nor filed and left for me to do on the closing shift. The store being left a mess. The laundry list goes on and on and finding out that she's griping to the DM that I don't do anything around the store just gets my goad. That was just the icing on the cake. Loyalty only goes so far then it turns into being taken advantage of and there's so many empty promises of change on the SM's part with them knowing that they are slipping in their duties. I was up for the SAM position but because of a private incident that happened in my personal life, it's being looked at as I am not a responsible person when I am way more responsible and productive than most of the people in my store.

anyways - thanks for the replies.